- Will warming oceans change the Earth’s tilt? 23.5 is such a nice degree…
- Contrary to popular belief, plastic does quickly decompose in the ocean – into smaller, more potentially damaging derivatives.
- New theory questions the existence of dark energy.
- Who needs dark energy when you’ve got the big wave?
- Scientists witness active transition between quantum states for the first time.
- Inflatable mushrooms in space.
- Feeling sleepy? Ever wonder why?
- Scientists equate exercise with heroin addiction. Within seconds, gamers and couch potatoes around the world claim the study as gospel.
- The black hole at the center of M87 is twice as big as previously believed.
- New study (secretly funded by Jeremy Piven) finds mercury in every fish tested in the U.S.
- A gallery of Berthold Steinhilber’s amazing images of Göbekli Tepe.
- Dr. Dean Radin ponders in the present about the future.
- X-ray vision solves artistic mystery without the benefit of Superman.
- Twenty-five logos with hidden messages.
- New solar-powered aircraft guaranteed to fuel UFO sightings for years to come.
- Lost? Then you’re probably walking in circles. And Billy Preston fades in on the radio…
- Newt with wolverine-like abilities uses its ribs as weapons. Meanwhile, newly discovered undersea glow worms drop ’glow bombs’ to keep the predators at bay in the bay.
- The Royal Academy of Engineering asks, when an autonomous robot (or a replicant) kills a human, who is responsible? Somebody get me Rick Deckard!
- Mind-bending light bending: How quantum astronomy might change history (literally).
- A universal vaccine to cure all flus?
- New trailer for James Cameron’s Avatar is online.
- And finally, in this week’s news of the coming robot apocalypse… So-called ’evolving robots’ learn to lie.
Many thanks to Sir Greg of Taylor
Quote of the Day:
“We human beings consider ourselves to be made up of solid matter. Actually, the physical body is the end product of the subtle information fields which mold our body as well as all physical matter. These fields are holograms which change in time and are outside the reach of our normal senses – what clairvoyants perceive as colorful, egg-shaped auras…”
Itzhak Bentov, Stalking the Wild Pendulum