“It’s not technique… it’s what you have to say.”
- And when worlds collide said George Pal to his bride… More here on this recent planetary collision.
- Ziggy Stardust and the volcanic-eruption detecting robot spiders from Mars (and by Mars I mean NASA).
- Look, up in the sky… it’s the perseid meteor shower.
- No seriously, look up in the sky and watch out for killer asteroids – because NASA isn’t.
- Is the Milky Way being affected by a massive hidden galaxy we’ve only just discovered?
- Achtung! Deutschland geht zum Mond! Sounds like Merkel just netflixed Capricorn One.
- New study challenges our ancestral origin – are we from the trees or the earth below?
- A cause for the honeybee die-off may have been found.
- The second planet rotating backwards around its star has been found a day after the first backwards-rotating planet was discovered.
- Doctors in Chicago have found a chemical that can kill master cancer cells. More here on this potentially huge discovery.
- Are antibiotics about to become a thing of the past?
- Antarctic glaciers are melting four times faster than the previous decade.
- The Hunt for Red October Part II – The Cargo Ship Conundrum.
- Did Peking Man have fire?
- If he had fire, then he probably helped with early human’s heat-treated stones for making tools. More here.
- Space-age pen allows users to draw with any visible color. Could this be the next hypercolor?
Quote of the Day:
“Now I need to take a piece of wood and make it sound like the railroad track, but I also had to make it beautiful and lovable so that a person playing it would think of it in terms of his mistress, a bartender, his wife, a good psychiatrist – whatever…”
Les Paul (09.09.1915-08.13.2009) Vaya con dios…