The unstoppable journey continues:
- Antikythera mechanism: World’s first computer may be even older than thought. See an impressive 3D reconstruction of its inner workings.
- The chances of the Earth taking a hit like Jupiter. Follow @AsteroidWatch for advance warning of asteroid impacts.
- New links between lucid dreaming and psychosis could revive dream therapy in psychiatry. If your dreams are insane – don’t tell the shrink!
- Astronauts, admirals, generals discuss UFO cover-up.
- Astronaut Gordon Cooper talks about his experiences of ‘extra-terrestrial vehicles’.
- Scary music is spookier with eyes shut. No, really?
- Michael Shermer is skeptical of the Shakespeare skeptics. And earns a riposte.
- Technology joins the search for the lost tomb of Genghis Khan.
- Switch on ‘disease fighting genes’ with yoga and meditation. Now would be a good time.
- Beluga whale saves struggling diver from drowning.
- Could a link between cosmic rays and cloud formation challenge anthropogenic global warming theory?
- Atheist bus ads are "pathetic" says Canada’s most renowned philosopher.
- Camp faithless: Is Britain’s first atheist summer camp harmless fun or should we be worried?
- Magic does the trick for children’s self-esteem. Warning: unsupervised instruction in magic may inflate your child’s self-esteem past tolerable levels, leading them to start an ‘educational foundation’ in their own name.
- 51 headless Vikings found in English execution pit?
- Old man river: Amazon river is 11 million years old.
- The Big Green Scattering.
- ‘Green Pope’ praises Teilhard de Chardin‘s vision of the cosmos as a living host.
- Secret societies in the social media age.
- Goat’s crowning as king of Ireland in doubt.
- Help build the Enlightenment Machine. This guy will need all the help he can get!
Thanks to Greg, Rick, RPJ
Quote of the Day:
If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?