- Good news, comrades: The Russian Navy has declassified its records of encounters with UFOs. Read more here.
- An orb… with a face?!
- Beings of light in Argentina —What do you make of that photo?
- Hubble snaps the sharpest image of Jupiter’s most recent scar left by the impact of a comet. Seems Hubble has received an offer from Perez Hilton to become the paparazzi of the Solar System.
- No, that’s not a lost frame from Independence Day, that’s the shadow cast by the recent eclipse, in God’s POV.
- 15 inventions that changed the world, thanks to the Apollo missions —were those part of Kubrick’s plot?
- The Apollo missions: Brave, spontaneous, improvised, and at times VERY reckless. Would they be allowed to happen now?
- What is buzzing Aldrin these days? Why, a monolith on Phobos, that is!
- Going to Mars in just 39 days, thanks to i-Propulsion.
- The Ornithopter Cometh: The world’s first successful flight of a self-powered, rudderless, flapping aircraft has been achieved by engineers from AeroVironment.
- (Video) Jake Lloyd, the actor that played lil’ Anakin in Phantom Menace, is complaining about how George Lucas & Jar Jar ruined his teenage years —the Force is SO not with him.
- The death of ‘Halo’ was the birth of ‘District 9’: Video interview with Peter Jackson about the upcoming movie that promises to change the paradigm of Sci Fi.
- Peter says “Shock the monkey!“, but in India, they prefer to put it in a reform school.
- Conservationists celebrate the discovery of an ‘extinct’ leopard eating a monkey. The monkey wasn’t too excited, understandably…
- California suffers the invasion of terrifying jumbo squids… that are no threat to humans —better luck next time, MonsterQuest.
- Eff the apples! An injection a day is what’s really going to keep your ticker healthy.
- Ooooh! Rock me Amadeus! Two long-lost works by the Moe-Zzart discovered.
- Among the sex & the scandal, Silvio Berlusconi’s recorded conversations yield an even more tantalizing story: that of 30 undeclared ancient graves.
- 10 lost cities of the ancient world that you can still go visit —Who cares about Vegas, when you can visit Petra!
- God bless the ancient idiots! Archaeologists discover five Roman shipwrecks untouched since they sank nearly 2,000 years ago.
- Paleolithic CSI: We killed our cousins the Neanderthals —this might explain why Bigfoot is so eager to hide from us!
- (Video) Philosopher Slavoj Žižek explains his ideas about Violence [Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5] —‘Violence: Big Ideas/Small Books’ [Amazon US & UK]
Thanks, Kat & Slavoj.
Quote of the Day:
“Think about the strangeness of today’s situation. Thirty, forty years ago, we were still debating about what the future will be: communist, fascist, capitalist, whatever. Today, nobody even debates these issues. We all silently accept global capitalism is here to stay. On the other hand, we are obsessed with cosmic catastrophes: the whole life on earth disintegrating, because of some virus, because of an asteroid hitting the earth, and so on. So the paradox is, that it’s much easier to imagine the end of all life on earth than a much more modest radical change in capitalism.”