What an irresistible headline… More than one, come to think of it.
- Did great balls of fire form the planets?
- Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins urge manned Mars mission.
- Click on the moon map to view archive video of each of the six Apollo Moon landings.
- For 40 years, the rocks hauled back from the moon have been changing the history of the Earth as we knew it.
- Ancient Earth may have ‘greened’ much earlier than previously thought.
- Clingy Martian dust guilty as charged.
- Never-before-seen photo shows Neil Armstrong’s face as he first walks across the moon.
- Does Jupiter’s black eye mean it’s been hit by a massive space rock in recent days?
- Newsweek debunks Moon hoax ‘lunatics’.
- NASA orbiter returns first shots of Apollo moon sites, showing the missions’ lunar module descent stages, accented by their shadows from a low sun angle.
- Reaching for the stars through a cloud of debris.
- Duncan Jones discusses his new cult film, Moon, in this two–part video interview.
- Forget Apollo and Sputnik: How a Briton launched the space race to the moon in the 1640s.
- Chinese researchers are poised to find out for sure whether gravity fluctuates during a total eclipse – a discovery that would challenge our ideas about how gravity works.
- How Poles cracked the Nazi Enigma secret.
- How do scientists decide which animal genome to sequence next?
- Jellyfish the size of dustbin lids wash up on Scottish beaches, following a rise in sea temperature.
- Investigation of blindspot shows brain rewiring in an instant.
- In search of lucid dreaming: Can you teach yourself to control your dreams?
- George Knapp reports on America’s secret psychic warriors. (text and video)
- Bob Geldof joins other rock stars in supporting ‘UFO hacker’ Gary McKinnon.
- Barack Obama is to receive a personal plea from peers, MPs and mental health experts to halt the extradition of Gary McKinnon. Enough, already! Just pardon him, and be done with it.
- Pentagon reassures us that their steam-powered, biomass-eating military robot is vegetarian. Sure, ’til it tastes us…
- Children traumatised by hoaxed alien abduction of teacher.
- Sometimes you’re just sitting there, admiring the view, and God sticks his finger in the way.
- The Genesis enigma: How did the Bible describe the evolution of life 3,000 years before Darwin?
- Richard Dawkins explains that humans did not descend from chimpanzees. If you don’t find his ‘blue lines’ convincing, try this…
- Cool video of the fossil record, from Australopithecus to Homo Sapiens, at 500 generations per second.
A big thanks to Greg for contributing most of today’s news.
Quote of the Day:
God squanders infinite time and patience on the growth of a perfect thing.