“That’s no moon…”
- One giant leap for mankind… 40 years later.
- NASA admits to erasing the original footage of the Apollo 11 landing. Thankfully they were able to rebuild it from copies. Click here for newly restored video of Armstrong’s first step.
- And what better time to debunk 8 long-held lunar landing myths than the 40th anniversary of something that never happened.
- Then again, what if we never really went to the moon? Here’s one more set of great photos just in case it comes up in conversation.
- Meanwhile, India’s unmanned moon-shot may fall short.
- The possibility of quantum teleportation, realized.
- This week’s evidence of the coming robot apocalypse… corpse-eating bots, ironically made by man. Silly users – haven’t you seen Tron?
- Sardinia as Atlantis?
- Superhydrophobic material makes a splash by repelling them.
- I’ve heard of flying elephants… but lizards that swim through sand?
- Logging limits are back in place in Oregon and old, paved-over waterways are being revitalized. Seems more people read ‘The World Without Us’ than I thought.
- Could this gene be the magic bullet for treating diseases once thought untreatable?
- Element 112, aka it’s newly dubbed moniker… Copernicium.
- The detailed surface of Mars, courtesy of the Mars Oribter.
- Watching tsunami shadows may lead to better predictions.
- See all that sea ice from space? Not for much longer.
- Need an excuse to quit smoking? How about 23 quadrillion dollar cigarettes?
Many dankes to RPJ
Quote of the Day:
“Remember… The ark was built by amateurs – but professionals built the Titanic.”