“And when worlds collide, said George Pal to his bride – I’m gonna give you some terrible thrils…”
- A wobble in the solar system may bring Earth and Mars smashing together. You have 3 billion years to hitchhike to the nearest Vogon ship. Start your electronic thumbs now…
- The future is now, circa 1957.
- Tilting at windmills, sans wind… How dying winds may undermine renewable energy efforts.
- Perhaps the solution to the energy crisis lies in virtual power plants? That and the removal of a few dams.
- A new cloud type may have been photographed in Iowa – the first since 1951.
- Meanwhile, in a galaxy far, far away, lab-coats may have just found the first extragalactic exoplanet. Extrasolar planets are so last millennium.
- Does a fossil in Spain hold the missing link to… the missing link?
- Don’t call it a comeback, swine flu’s been here for years… and it’s officially been upgraded to a global pandemic.
- Sonar reveals Stone Age traps at the bottom of Lake Huron.
- Deforesting the Amazon –The long term effect of short term gains.
- Supermassive black holes are even more massive than previously believed.
- Zombie Neurobiology 101 via Harvard. For the final exam bring a #2 pencil and a fully loaded 12-gauge.
- Is Stonehenge a gateway to the infinite?
- Close Encounters of the Astronaut kind. It’s not just Edgar Mitchell any more…
- Saturn’s rings rippled by tiny moon.
- Seven things we still don’t get about gravity.
- We all have fingerprints… ever wonder why?
- What’s in a name? Heavyweight, unstable Element 112 has an identity crisis.
- The physics of rainfall, revisited.
- Startup turns human waste into fuel… No sh*t?
- Want proof of the coming robot revolution? More robot overlord evidence here.
- Who ya gonna call? The Ghostbusters video game, coming soon to a game shop (or grey importer) near you.
- Ten times when science changed the world.
Masalu to Greg & Kat
Quote of the Day:
“In the velvet darkness , of the blackest night , burning bright … There’s a guiding star – No matter what or who you are.