In and out of focus…
- Do you have God on the brain?
- Mass extinction, courtesy of a Chinese volcano?
- Recent study reveals bombardment of Earth may have been survivable.
- Newly discovered exoplanet proves that even tiny stars can have big planets.
- Rising sea levels likely to threaten NY and Boston. They’ve already taken their toll on these atolls.
- Lab-Coats detect nearest supernova in five years. And by near I mean 12 million light-years away.
- Look, up in the sky… It’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s… a winged cat.
- Logging halted in roadless forests while the release of dam-controlled waters are increased to save endangered fish… Yes we can.
- Glowing monkeys inherit glowing gene from parents and ignite controversy, all while Peter Gabriel plays in the background.
- I see, said the blind man—courtesy of a new stem cell contact lens.
- FLAME-out over the expected size of giant Messier galaxy.
- DNA origami and growing an interstellar probe.
- Could laser fusion and California’s National Ignition Facility be the answer to the global energy crisis?
- Silencing genes to fight cancer.
- 11 year-old boy helps SETI’s search for extraterrestrials.
- To the edge of the black hole and back.
- Meanwhile, Chandra Telescope spots black hole ghost in the machine.
- Melting permafrost may cause a permanent problem.
- Inexplicable ‘ice circles’ appear in remote Siberian lake.
- Meanwhile, Russian claims of UFO-Tunguska collision oddly met with skepticism.
- In a change of policy, UK’s NHS supports use of acupuncture.
- Alternative, Solipsist solutions to the Fermi Paradox suggest we might not be alone for the reasons we think.
- Will the LED guitar bring out the hero in you?
- The end of dental fillings?
- And from the ‘Life imitating art imitating life imitating a Rudyard Kipling story’ Dept… a Siberian child appears to have been raised by cats and dogs.
- Explore a life-size Blue Whale, one click at a time.
- Enterprise, meet Death Star.
Tremendous thanks to Kat & Greg & RPJ
Quote of the Day:
“Time turns elastic…”