As Grant Morrison suggests, we may all be nothing but fingers in God’s hand. Problem is, some fingers are meant to carry rings, and others are meant to go naked 🙁
- Billionaires are brainstorming to come up with ideas to cull the masses of grubs overcorwding THEIR planet.
- The Coming Superbrain: A NY Times article about AI, and some of its prophets.
- You think the swine flu is a new threat? Its genes have been circulated for over a decade.
- If you need an incentive to visit Mexico city, how about “City of Gods”: an exhibition with 435 works of arts which opens this week.
- West Virginia witness watches a UFO conduct some kind of ‘ground search’ —don’t those idiots know that I live in Mexico??
- Touch down! Kudos to the Atlantis optometrists for a job well done. So, what’s next?
- In 1000 years, students will learn of three things regarding the XXth century: Rock & Roll, Star Wars, and the Hubble telescope.
- Stop: Bolden time! Obama oficially nominates ex-astronaut Charles Bolden as NASA’s new chief. Take us to the stars, Chuck.
- Video: BadAs-tronomer Phil Plait wants to change the face of Mars —check out the very last part of the video.
- Europeans have spent an entire millenium over-exploiting the seas.
- Cold-blooded foes are invading a Military runway in Florida.
- Animals have a sense of morality, according to a new book. I always knew my dog Kimba was an angel sent from Heaven —God, I miss her.
- Enjoy us while you can, ladies; ’cause we’re fading away.
- Archeologists in Tucson have unearthed the earliest known irrigation system from around 1,200 BC —they were not watering golf courses, mind you.
- Hey Boyeeee! Mesoamericans’ dental bling could show a thing or two to Flavor Flav.
- The only thing that Ida seems to have uncovered, is the murky world of fossil collecting.
- The Media has had a long-lasting crush with the term ‘Missing Link’. Check out the fossils who have been granted such a dubious honor in the past.
- Neanderthal was part of our ancesters’ diet! Wait… now, does that really shock you?
- The gene for the ‘Werewolf syndrome’ might have been uncovered in China. I wonder if Nick Redfern speaks Mandarin…
- The inventor of DNA fingerprinting is outraged by the the UK’s decission to keep 800,000 innocents’ profiles.
- Tony Blair: Holy Warrior — and yet the OTHER ones are the fanatics!!
- “No we won’t”. “Yes, YOU WILL!”. The US insists that the future of Jerusalem will be determined by negotiations.
- Aussies are the cyber-pirates’s new idols.
Quote of the Day:
“Funding increased science exploration … without continued improvement in our ability to safely send humans beyond Earth’s bounds … literally defeats our innate human drive and curiosity to explore the unknown”
General Charles Bolden, nominee for the position of NASA’s Administrator.