2009 is TDG’s tenth anniversary, but sometime this month we missed an even bigger event — Greg’s birthday (edit: it’s not Greg’s, my memory is playing tricks, but at least I get to eat all the cake).
- Experts claim fossil is the Missing Link, but others aren’t so sure.
- Stucco panels earliest known representation of Mayan creation myths.
- Theories for how the giraffe evolved a long neck continue to fail.
- Magnetic termites construct monolithic architectural marvels.
- Swiss research demonstrates robots forming human-like societies.
- DARPA hopes to prove the human mind is nothing more than parts and energy.
- How Uncle Sam broke some minds with secret LSD experiments.
- Charlie Skelton’s camping the Bildergers, and had a Philip K Dick moment of being told by the police to contact the police if he’s concerned about being watched by the police.
- What do you see? If it’s Randi bending over, you’ve got problems.
- Could all particles be mini black holes?
- Michael Shermer’s reasons for why people believe in supernatural beings.
- Angela McGhee discusses her psychic abilities and assistance to police.
- Video of owl with luminous eyes is viral marketing for LG Electronics. The owls are not what they seem.
- Trinidad locals blame a white goat wearing a gold chain for deaths. Vanilla Ice?
- Abuse of ‘child witches’ in Nigeria is on the rise.
- Aung San Suu Kyi faces a further five years imprisonment.
- Obama to tighten car exhaust pollution standards to curb GW. Er, shouldn’t the motivation be the effects of car pollution on our health?
- Unidentified Flying Triangles cruising low over Pennsylvania and Colorado.
- 40 years ago, Apollo 10 lay the groundwork for humanity to land on the moon.
- Photo gallery of Hubble’s final repair work. And these photos are why we want the ageing telescope to keep on going.
Thanks Greg and Ross.
Quote of the Day:
We went to the Moon as technicians; we returned as humanitarians.
Edgar Mitchell, Apollo astronaut.