“Won’t you step into the freezer…”
- A how to guide for catching black holes.
- Do we inherit happiness?
- Fixing Hubble, one spacewalk at a time.
- Predictions for the rise in ocean levels and flooding due to the collapse of Antarctic ice were overestimated.
- California’s first desalination plant is getting underway. As long as it’s more picturesque than the oil rigs…
- It appears that the dinosaurs’ appearance differs from the so-called history books.
- Artificial species are being created… artificially.
- The astronaut enigma — What does long-term space travel do to the brain?
- A common ancestor to all humans, monkeys and apes? (No, not Charlton Heston).
- Ziggy Stardust and the spider-bots from Italy. Clearly they haven’t watched much Dr. Who, either.
- Rewriting the rules of time travel, cinematically speaking.
- Land-rush on Mars.
- Wired denotes 100 geeks you should follow on Twitter. Followed by “1 passionate anti-science guy ” you should really check out on Twitter.
- Fish that triggers hallucinations found off the British coast. No, not that Phish.
- Do monkeys regret learning they can feel regret?
- A beach that’s truly for the birds.
- Daydreaming to solve problems more efficiently.
- Is the world headed for a global power surge? Stay tuned while ya still can!
- This week’s proof of the coming robot apocalypse – climbing robots.
Many thanks to Greg, RPJ and Perceval!
Quote of the Day:
“Down with disease.”
Marshall / Anastasio