Fire on the mountains…
- Did volcanoes (vs. meteorite impact) cause the mass extinction of dinosaurs?
- Meanwhile, volcanic activity in the Congo appears to be imminent…
- At the same time, the origin of carbon-based lava has been unearthed, literally.
- And if you’re tired of Earth’s volcanoes, there’s always Mercury’s.
- Unraveling quantum entanglement and the principle of nonlocality.
- Could shrimp be the next item missing from the menu? Keep an eye on that ocean temperature.
- Discovery of an ancient fort in Sinai Desert may reveal Egyptian defense secrets.
- Hubble’s last face-lift is officially underway.
- Fuel cells are not the key to the energy crisis (according to the new administration).
- And if biofuel is out too, maybe bioelectricity is the key? More here.
- Perhaps giant rubber sea snakes are the solution to the energy crisis we’ve all been looking for.
- 50 years ago, novelist CP Snow predicted a divided ‘two culture’ society. If he only knew…
- New study claims honeybee population is *not* threatened.
- Did a rise in oxygen levels cause the first ice age?
- In the battle of killer electrons vs. singing electrons, Earth wins.
- The Pentagon plans to spend 50 billion on a bunch of projects you’ll never hear about (except here at TDG, of course).
- JJ Abrams’ new Star Trek opens today, boldly going where… some men have gone before. More here on Star Trek science.
- Spinal Tap’s resurrection tour is about to begin. Is anybody in?
- After 12 years of anticipation, are there any Duke Nukem fans left to care that the game will never be finished? I bet Duke still cares…
- Robots on facebook? The next stage of the revolution has begun…
Quote of the Day:
“Man is the only animal that blushes… or needs to. ”