Short and sweet.
- Giant wooden Stonehenge unearthed at Ireland’s Hill of Tara.
- Dozens of mummies up to 4000 years old found in Egyptian oasis necropolis.
- Over 1500 years ago, the Lord of Ucupe in Peru was the King of Bling.
- Preservation project underway to protect Nazca Lines from heavy rain.
- The megalithic ruins of Malta live in the shadow of Egypt’s pyramids.
- Ancient Egyptians added herbs and tree resin to their wine. A glass of Australian red compliments TDG news nicely, I recommend it.
- Has a cure for honey bee population collapse been found?
- China says thousands of dolphins protected Chinese ships from Somali pirates.
- A big cat has been photographed in Scotland, och aye the noo!
- A cat steals underwear from neighbours. Better that than their breath.
- Can the PUMA transform urban transport?
- Schizophrenics are less fooled by visual illusions.
- Inside the tangled worlds of String Theory, with Edward Witten.
Quote of the Day:
Although they are
only breath, words
which I command