“Sometimes a great notion…”
- Turning off lights by the billion, all thanks to Earth Hour (3.28.09).
- What if the domes on Mars were mud volcanoes? And what of the briny pools?
- The repeated eruptions of Alaska’s’ Mt. Redoubt leaves little – doubt – as to its effect on air travel.
- Who needs dark matter when you’ve got the ‘Fifth Force’ up your sleeve.
- Remnants of the first shooting star to be predicted and witnessed have been found in Sudan. It’s even been dubbed a celestial ‘Rosetta Stone’.
- Life on Mars – what NASA *isn’t* telling us.
- The Rice Krispie approach to planet hunting.
- At long last, a new tilt on SETI.
- Burning ice… the next chapter in green energy?
- Phase one of the Pentagon’s plans to re-grow limbs is now complete. Jeff Fahey was not consulted.
- More UFO non-news from the British MoD.
- Forget the dogs: Beware of dragons!
- Mythbusters episode shatters neighborhood windows.
- Déjà vu or just another dream? And why does this all seem so strangely familiar…
- Creating stem cells with something we all have plenty of… skin.
- Seven awesome superpowers ruined by science. (NSFW language).
- Gamma ray bursts and black holes… the missing link?
- The top ten timelapse videos of mother nature doing that voodoo that she does so well.
- Global warming due to lack of dust.
- Wallace and Gromit… the museum exhibition.
Super-size thanks to GT and RPJ
Quote of the Day:
“The answer is never the answer. What’s really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you’ll always be seeking…”