Hillary is here; Obama is coming, too. Which is nice & all… But you know WHOSE visit has really gotten me leaping & banging my head with pure extasy?? 😀
- Speaking of extasy, our friend Loren Coleman is really excited about a recent paper published at a peer-reviewed scientific journal, discussing the possibility of new marine mammals likely to be discovered.
- Wild bees could become our next best friends.
- Ötzi goes 3D!
- Is Chernobyl the clearest sign that the planet will get over us in NO TIME? And if that does not convince you, I give you exhibit (V) —as in Exxon Valdez.
- Freeman Dyson: The Civil Heretic.
- The Vatican is getting prepared for the second round with their most malevolent archnemesis—Dan Brown.
- The Dalai Lama has turned into a cause of division in Africa. Hmm…now who does that remind me of?
- Triangular UFO spotted by two South African pilots. Maybe the Dalai Lama did find another way to attend the Peace conference after all 😉
- O’Hare UFO video surfaces on Youtube. So crappy that it doesn’t matter if it’s real or not…
- Scientists suspect Venus’s atmosphere might hide exo lifeforms. At last! George Adamsky is vindicated!!!
- Alan Boyle’s Magical Mystery Tour “is going to take you away”… to Titan.
- Astronomers had just 13 hours warning before watching a car-sized asteroid hit Earth’s atmosphere. That is SO not reassuring 🙁 [More info here]
- US billionare Charles Simonyi is set to become the 1st Civilian Space Frequent Flyer. I wonder what kind of discount he’ll get.
- Be careful what you wish for… and how you make use of your horde of unconditional followers.
- The science behind ‘unseen phenomena’ —as seen by the unbiased editors of Popular Science.
- There are 4 things that The Boston Skeptics adore: the scientific method, the Amazing Randi, pancakes, and behaving like a*#holes —THEIR words, not mine.
- Six words to describe skepticism’s biggest publicity problem.
- Anthony North addresses the Woosayers.
- Despite Uncle Sam’s persistent efforts to NUKE him to Kingdom Come, Tsutomu Yamaguchi is still alive & kicking —He says his extra arm comes real handy in the morning 😛
- After 8 years of abandonment, Lady Liberty could finally be allowed to receive visits on July 4th. About time.
- Seems that the Change we were all waiting for is only happening semantically :-/
- F-22 Super fighter jet crashes in the desert. Pilot dies.
- Sergey & Larry are the world’s biggest stoolies. They’re gonna end up sleeping with the fishes if they don’t come around.
Thanks Rick, Greg, Kat, James, Lars, Kirk & Robert.
Quote of the Day:
“The naive view that cryptozoological research methods are only practised by people on the fringes of the scientific community, and furthermore consistently result in failure, is falsified by the fact that new species continue to be discovered following the investigation of eyewitness reports, deductive inference and/or ethnozoological knowledge systems.”
Michael A. Woodley, Darren Naish & Hugh P. Shanahan, on their paper “How many extant pinniped species remain to be described?”