”Thousands have lived without love… not one without water.”
- Temperatures at the Earth’s polar regions are heating up and raising sea-levels faster than scientists can keep track.
- Earliest ’modern human’ footprint discovered in Kenya clocks in at 1.5 million years old.
- It’s the 50th anniversary of the ’Great Los Angeles Air Raid’ – and me without my tinfoil hat.
- Do missing asteroids reveal the paths of migrating planets?
- The mysterious hidden mountains of Antarctica.
- How a language dies.
- Scientists debate the merits and drawbacks of ‘hacking’ the planet’s climate with geoengineering.
- Accidental backyard archaeology in Colorado turns up trove of Clovis tools at least 13,000 years old.
- Mars Reconnaisance Orbiter again opts for safety (mode), puzzling lab-coats.
- Watch the skies on Friday and you’ll likely see a rare conjunction of Venus and the Moon.
- Reversing nerve damage with sugar?
- Mass produced, affordable solar cells for home and business? Yes, have some.
- The melting, red Omega Moon rises.
- Wooden sarcophagus unearthed in Egyptian tomb by someone other than ZH.
- The science of the smile… Scientists finally understand why teeth grow in single rows (or double if you’re a shark).
- It’s the end of the world by way of 3D street art.
- A new NASA lunar mission? Yes, we can.
- Would a rose (by any other name) smell as sweet with an artificial nose?
Quote of the Day:
“We are here on Earth to do good to others. What the others are here for, I don’t know.”