I never could get the hang of Thursdays…
- Has the rate of human evolution increased a hundred-fold since the Stone Age?
- ‘Heavy water’ could help us live longer.
- Star-forming region of Milky Way is dusted with sugar.
- The intuitive art of alien spotting.
- Ufology is a science, says Pope.
- Scientific paper concludes that Indian ‘red rain’ was a possible case of “extraterrestrial life form” (PDF).
- Sufferers of Truman Show Syndrome lose their grip on reality TV.
- Canadian fireball caught on police video. Shades of Jericho…
- Discovery of sunken Titanic was part of a secret military expedition.
- Backyard skywatchers find tool bag lost in space.
- You wait all year for a story about same-sex relationships of polar creatures in an oriental zoo, and then two come along at once!
- Queen’s electric teapot ‘bugged’.
- Robot who plays robot on Japanese stage complains about its role – "Here I am, brain the size of a planet…". That’s typecasting.
Quote of the Day:
“You’d better be prepared for the jump into hyperspace. It’s unpleasantly like being drunk.”
“What’s so unpleasant about being drunk?”
“You ask a glass of water.”