*cough!* I feel like somebody’s trying to pry my ribs apart with a crowbar. Sorry, but misery’s a great motivator of brevity.
- Archaeologists find evidence of yet another Egyptian pyramid.
- Colossus of Rhodes to be rebuilt as giant light sculpture.
- Babylon: The tower and the glory.
- Dutch archaeologists locate tomb of musketeer d’Artagnan.
- Gold and silver Celtic coins uncovered in Dutch cornfield.
- Could this be the grave of King Richard?
- Predating Stonehenge by 6,000 years, Turkey’s stunning Gobekli Tepe upends the conventional view of the rise of civilization. For more, see Greg’s recent post here.
- Neolithic burial ground found in Istanbul.
- Human ancestors born big brained.
- Details revealed of ‘one of a kind’ dinosaur nest.
- Endeavour departs and docks with ISS. With a slide show for Rico, ’cause he likes ’em with pictures. 😉
- And you thought Mad Max was post-apocalyptic.
- Cockroaches plan escape routes.
- Going East for Empire. Paul Strathern’s Napoleon in Egypt is available at Amazon US & UK.
Quote of the Day:
Soldiers! Forty centuries behold you!
Napoleon Bonaparte, to his army before the Battle of the Pyramids, July, 1798.