“Every generation needs a revolution,” wrote former American President Thomas Jefferson. Generations X, Y and Z think they need plasma televisions.
- After 30 years, the Kaikoura UFO sighting in New Zealand remains one of the most credible and baffling.
- Yesterday also marked the 30th anniversary of Australia’s Valentich UFO mystery. Are the two connected?
- And it was 35 years ago that the Coyne UFO incident unnerved residents in north central Ohio.
- India launches spaceprobe to map the moon’s surface, and what lies beneath.
- A future history of Mars — an interview with scifi author Ben Bova.
- Robbie Williams composing songs about extraterrestrials? I don’t think Rock DJ could replace John Williams’ classic Close Encounters Of The Third Kind score.
- Some leading astronomers are confident we will make contact with alien civilisations within two decades.
- Ptolemy, ancient Egyptian astronomers, and the origins of constellations as we know them.
- Socrates, Aristotle, and King Solomon walk into a bar — does earliest Biblical painting show the two Greek philosophers admiring the wisdom of Solomon?
- Researchers hope to find hidden tomb of Genghis Khan.
- Archaeologists find African spiritual artifact in 18th century Maryland street.
- Buddhist temples in Thailand are beautiful, but mystifying to tourists.
- Amazing photos from February expedition to gigantic river cave in central Laos.
- Human brain is always awake, even during REM sleep. Mine is asleep when I’m awake.
- Listening to dark matter provides new clues. “Listening” like psychologists do? Quantum Therapy, you read it here first.
- The Manchurian microchip inside your computer.
- Britain’s top prosecutor Sir Ken McDonald warns pursuit of a ‘security state’ will create a Big Brother future we’ll come to regret.
- If you don’t wash your hands, reading this article will turn you into Howard Hughes.
- Mexican school kids see more horrific violence than Baghdad residents.
- As times get harder, pets suffer as well. Vets at animal shelters who have to euthanise thousands of unwanted cats and dogs suffer the most.
- Video: If Indonesia doesn’t stop deforestation in Papua, its forests will be gone within ten years. The facts on deforestation in Indonesia will shock you, and I highly recommend this 2007 Lateline report (video) on orangutans.
Quote of the Day:
Don’t it always seem to go
That you don’t know what you’ve got ’til its gone.
They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot.