Let’s skip the preamble and get straight to the news…
- 30 years on: Australian UFO mystery remains unsolved. On October 21 1978, pilot Fred Valentich reported a strange flying object buzzing his plane shortly before he disappeared without a trace over Bass Strait.
- Remains of prehistoric child with toy hedgehog found at Stonehenge. Place of healing, funerary site, or daycare centre?
- Ethics expert suggests the dying take psilocybin to enhance and ease the experience of death.
- What happens when you put 300 experts on psychedelics in the same room? Nothing like the movie 300 I hope.
- ‘Deathways’ open doors to unexpected cultural practices.
- Mathematicians find deep connection between classical and quantum physics.
- Japan trials mind-controlled video game. Controlled by your mind that is, not the other way around like the mind-control video game we call reality.
- Fighting with jaguars: has a 3000-year-old ritual survived in the highlands of central Mexico? Unless RPJ has started his own Fight Club.
- Bonobo monkeys have been seen hunting and eating other primates, dispelling their peaceful reputation. Bonobo monkey, not U2’s Bono.
- Lab tests reveal yeti hair is from a Himalayan goat. Or is it from a goatman? Naaaah.
- Witches of Cornwall: old magic surfaces in archaeologist’s front yard.
- Water dowsers use intuition (and sticks) to help parched farms in California.
- A Norwegian politician calls fortune-tellers at Parliament’s expense.
- UK politician says EU should properly fund search for extraterrestrial life.
- Scientists meet in Edinburgh to discuss search for alien life on extra-solar planets.
- Here’s video of a green, pulsating UFO filmed over Skien, Norway.
- A UFO filmed near Mexico City International Airport drained the camera’s battery.
- Dan Aykroyd selling vodka served in crystal skulls by talking about aliens and the paranormal is priceless. I just can’t work out if it’s satire or the real deal.
- Gary A. David explores the links between Mothman, a 14th century New Mexico pueblo, and psychoactive Datura flower.
- I reviewed Gary’s excellent book The Orion Zone (Amazon US) in Sub Rosa Issue 6, and he continues his exploration of ancient Egyptian/Hindu links in the Native American Southwest in Eye of the Phoenix (Amazon US).
Thanks Greg and Kat.
Quote of the Day:
“That strange aircraft is hovering on top of me again … it is hovering and it’s not an aircraft.”
Last words of Australian pilot Fred Valentich, October 21 1978.