- Tlatelolco Massacre: 40 years of impunity… and counting 🙁
- 1968 is also an important date for the Irish. As well as the African Americans.
- The Accused: tracing the roots of 2000 years of witch hunting (Amazon US, & UK).
- Russia’s Supreme Court has ruled that the last Tsar & his family were victims of political repression, and should be rehabilitated. Hold on… lemme fetch me ol’ Ouija board.
- Believe it or not, but there’s a menhir in Chile. I guess ancient men in Britain AND Chile had something to compensate for… 😛 [UPDATE: click here if you plan to visit, or make a virtual tour here]
- Having your own Roman-style siege catapult could ensure your next BBQ to be truly unforgivable. ”Look out! Here goes the burgers!!”
- Planets caught in “catastrophic collision”. Those events are wookie-killers, you know.
- NASA’s Messenger gets ready for its second swing around Mercury —I hope it makes a home run.
- Another headache for cosmologists: Early galaxies had stronger magnetic fields than what was predicted.
- Are magnetars a viable explanation for some UFO reports?
- Was a UFO following ‘Rocket Man’ Yves Rossi last week? Watch the video & be the judge.
- Your mother was right: that bald, hair-chested, good-for-nothing husband of yours is responsible for your financial worries.
- Caught in the act!! Of evolving, that is.
- What did the first dinos have in common with Priscilla, Queen of the desert? Both their feathers were for show, not flight.
- ’Tetrapod Zoologist’ Darren Naish takes a look at Cryptozoology’s long-necked seal theory.
- It was the Viking ancestors of The Brain, who conquered & pillaged the British isles. Narf! Or is that Närven! 😉
- People use faces to identify one another, while the chimps—and some porn fans— use butts instead.
- QUIZ: When did the AIDS virus begin to spread? Bzzzt! Wrong.
- Never heard of the Codex Alimentarius? That’s what *they* want.
- In the old days, people used to go to a hospital to get well; but now, hospitals can be deadly.
- Antibiotics for future Anthrax attack could arrive via mail. The irony is to die for.
- Hey, Bill Maher: Don’t blame religions for the violence in the world! Blame cortisol.
- Capturing carbon with microwaves. And I don’t even know how to make popcorn without burning half the bag!
- Man dies after eating home-made chili sauce. That’s what you get for using those darn Quetzaltenango peppers! 😉
Gracias, Rick & Greg.
Quote of the Day:
“Sólo le pido a Dios (I only ask God)
que la guerra no me sea indiferente (not to make me indifferent to war)
es un monstruo grande y pisa fuerte (it’s a giant monster which treads upon)
toda la pobre inocencia de la gente (all the poor innocence of the people)”
From the song “Sólo le pido a Dios”, by Leon Gieco (hear it here).