Snowmen are from Mars, women from Venus…
- Canadian scientist gets excited about snow on Mars. More Martian snow news.
- Saturn’s rings are getting thinner, but there’s an explanation that doesn’t involve laying off the Pan-Galactic Gargle Blasters.
- Interview with Rudy Rucker (Mp3 audio), author of the brilliantly covered Postsingular (Amazon US & UK).
- Move over Rover, inflatable surveillance balls coming to Mars. With monkeys in ’em.
- Wayward elephants ‘phone’ their herds with rumbles. No text messages, just a good old fashioned call.
- Crested pterodactyl inspires new aircraft design. They keep live ones at Area 51.
- Republican VP nominee Sarah Palin does a Bill Hicks and says that man walked with dinosaurs… only she’s serious.
- Maybe she’s read about the Ica Stones of Peru.
- Author Philip Pullman is delighted his Northern Lights is one of the most ‘challenged’ books in America (Amazon US & UK). Alas, Darklore didn’t make the list.
- A triangular UFO with lights at each tip was seen in Ireland by a politician, a pilot, and a senior garda. Bono will do anything to end poverty.
- Hearing reopens on proposed landfill that could destroy archaeological site known as Nevitt – the Sacred Place in old Irish.
- Mystery of ancient Egyptian skulls buried in Manchester yard solved by police work.
- As much as 70% of cultural material has been plundered from Mojave National Preserve‘s 1600 documented sites.
- Rare 3000-year-old knife was among artifacts found in a Swedish tomb, with pic.
- The lost pyramid of Djedefre will open to the public next year, if they can find it.
- Memo to Dan Brown: scholars are looking for missing pages of the 1000-year-old Hebrew Bible known as the Crown of Aleppo. Crusaders held it for ransom, fire almost destroyed it, and it was smuggled across the Middle East in a washing machine. Great plot!
- Give us this day, our daily… eel? Was eel and apricot on the Last Supper menu? It may prove Jesus Christ went to Japan, where the Unagi is delicious.
Quote of the Day:
Mars is there, waiting to be reached.