My plan to cash in on the 2012 craze: My cousin & I will found The Church of the Last Days of Rock; the name of our God will be ‘Mr. Brownstone’, we will promise the reunion of the original Van Halen band, and the end of the world will coincide with the awaited release of ‘Chinese Democracy’. You want in? 🙂
- Sun hits a 50-year low. The calm… b-b-before the storm? And what’s with this SQUARE spot? (H/T to our TDG sister Carol Noble for that one).
- Stephenville UFO: Was it a National Security threat? I mean like, bigger than Bush??
- The Paranormal Pastor asks: What was the thing on Johnny’s bed that ate his cat?
- How to do Paranormal Therapy, by Anthony North.
- Harry Potter vs Hari Puttar. And the winner iiiis… Home Alone!
- Seeing your own heart displayed in an exhibition ranks high in my Weird-o-Meter rating —# 1 at the scale is when a woman finds me attractive.
- A study finds that antidepressants may damage male fertility; which would cause them to take MORE antidepressants, which then would cause…
- American kids rank higher in… high.
- Let there be light! Gene therapy restores sight to the blind.
- Can you imagine living with your trash for a whole year?
- Forest fire damages two archeological sites near Peru’s Machu Picchu 🙁
- In Rome’s catacombs, bacteria have replaced the Christians. ‘Ego te Absorbo’?
- 650-million-years old reef found in Melbourne.
- It’s not easy being the little guy in a room full of giants. Specially if you’re a dino.
- Seal blubber was a delicacy among our Neanderthal cousins.
- In Canada, more people believe in Bigfoot, than the promises of politicians. The Hairy guy should run for Prime Minister!
- Mac Arthur awards honor UCLA astronomer , & a brave doctor as well.
- First, there was Dark Matter. Then, Dark Energy. Now comes the Dark Flow. Pretty soon cosmologists will start to call themselves darkologists!
- Godspeed, Shenzou-VII!
- The Chinese don’t know the meaning of ‘impossible’, even if that means breaking the laws of physics to build a new Space Drive.
- Being an otaku (manga fan) is often synonymous of “loser” or “under-achiever”. Not for this guy. Check out this video to see just how badass (how do you say that in Japanese?) he is.
- It’s ‘Minority Report’ meets ‘Spanglish’: US Department of Homeland Security is developing a system designed to detect “hostile thoughts” in people walking through border posts.
- Inquest into the killing of Brazilian immigrant Jean Charles de Menezes, shot 7 times (that’s 1,2,3,4,5,6 & 7) by the UK police in 2005. More here.
- Kiwis are among the most honest people in the world, according to the Transparency International’s 2008 Corruption Perception Index. Americans? Tsk tsk tsk. Mexico? Well… er, ya know… we beat Iraq & Afghanistan! 😉
- A conversation with Muhammad Yunus, 2006 Nobel Peace prize winner.
Quote of the Day:
”Life is like playing one of those claw machines: Eventually you give up and play Street Fighter”