The autumnal equinox is today, so happy Mabon, Alban Elfed, Night of the Hunter, Wine Harvest, or Witch’s Thanksgiving to all who celebrate such things.
- Spectacular treasure-trove of Aboriginal rock art is set to rewrite the history of Australia.
- Emergence of agriculture took much longer than previously thought.
- Ancient lost capital of Khazar kingdom found.
- Oregon cave find puts humans in N America 14K years ago.
- Radar reveals San Francisco’s buried Presidio.
- Despite the passing of 443 years, archaeologists hold out hope of finding lost French fleet.
- Scientists study out of body experiences.
- Train victim’s cell phone kept calling loved ones after he died.
- Screams of ghosts forced millionaire’s family to flee their haunted mansion.
- UFOs spotted near Wrexham, Rhos, Johnstown and Borras.
- UFOs invade Russian skies.
- In 1897, hundreds of thousands of people in the US reported seeing a ‘cigar-like object’ with ‘great wings’ several kilometres above the ground.
- UK motorist reports seeing a large panther-like creature in South Lakeland.
- Monster spider on the loose at UK oil refinery. One worker admits he’s creeped out.
- The Army’s Totally Serious Mind-Control Project.
- ‘Tent cities’ of homeless on the rise across the US.
- Europeans lay out plans to bring asteroid chunks back to Earth.
- Fault could shut Large Hadron Collider for two months.
- Hundreds of new marine species discovered off Australian coast. Gallery.
- Finger-like divisions in the fins of fossilized fish hailed as ‘missing link’ in evolution.
- NASA scientists drop rubber ducks into holes in Greenland’s fastest moving glacier.
- Unlocking the secret of the Kondo Effect.
- Lost tribe’s secret eco-village in Wales. Love those hobbit houses.
Quote of the Day:
[I have conceived] a means that will make it possible for man to transmit energy in large amounts, thousands of horsepower, from one planet to another, absolutely regardless of distance. I think that nothing can be more important than interplanetary communication. It will certainly come some day and the certitude that there are other human beings in the universe, working, suffering, struggling, like ourselves, will produce a magic effect on mankind and will form the foundation of a universal brotherhood that will last as long as humanity itself.
Nikola Tesla, as quoted in Time magazine’s article Tesla at 75, published Jul. 20, 1931.