This Daily Grail news briefs is brought you by…Mace: When “get the #$%@ out of here!!” just won’t do 😛
- Physicists investigate how time moves forward. Gee! Couldn’t these dudes investigate how Time could stand still, or better yet: move BACKWARDS??
- Cool videos explaining the LHC, courtesy of the Beeb.
- The Science of Happiness. Well, I certainly hope it doesn’t involve wearing a helmet!
- A glass pyramid that could house 1 million people. I bet Richard Hoagland would feel right at home in there 😉
- Blurry UFO photo of the day: This time, over Purley Cross Tesco.
- Brad Steiger discusses Men In Black: Everybody put your sunglasses.
- What are we to make of the recent discovery of a “fossilized Bigfoot track” in Tennesee? Loren Coleman gives us a good idea at Cryptomundo (BTW, Have you donated to the Cryptozoology Museum yet?)
- Age of Monsters: With a remake of ‘Frankenstein’, ‘Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde’, as well as many other projects, Director Guillermo del Toro will be a busy little bee this coming decade.
- Bottlenose dolphins may be attacking other species over food shortages. A clear sign of intelligence by OUR standards.
- Elephant scores 87% on Math exam at zoo. The monkeys flunked and threw poo to the teacher.
- Good with numbers? It’s in your genes. Lousy with Romance? It’s in your breath.
- the world’s first ‘fully ecological’ night club opens in London (Video here).
- People should consider eating less meat as a way of combating global warming, says the UN’s top climate scientist. Remember: It was meat that gave us our big brains, who got is into this mess to begin with!
- Triple Whammy: Hurricane Ike lashes Cuba and adds more to the misery and death toll in Haiti.
- Taxing time to stabilize climate?
- China launches two disaster-monitoring satellites, & readies for third manned spaceflight.
- Spy satellites may soon identify people by analysing how their shadow moves. Only one safe will be Peter Pan.
- NASA Administrator Michael Griffin re-affirmed his backing of the Shuttle retirement in 2010. Griffin… that sounds kind of slavic, isn’t it? 😉
- Bon Voyage, Jules Verne! Et merci beaucoup.
- Rosetta in the Sky with Diamonds. Awesome animation of Steins Asteroid, courtesy of ESA.
- Like father like… moon. Cassini detects partial rings with Saturn’s moons.
- In an historic meeting, Condi & Khadafy met last week, proving that “The United States does not have permanent enemies.”
- Then again… USS Mount Whitney, the flagship of the Mediterranean fleet, anchored Friday on the port of Poti, delivering both humanitarian aid to Georgia, and a bird sign to Moscow.
- Another journalist killed in Russia. Democracy is a bridge laid on a foundation made with the corpses of brave men and women.
- With friends like these… U.S. Spied on Prime Minister Nuri Kamal al-Maliki, upsetting Iraq., Hey! if you’ve got nothing to hide… right?
Thanks, Rick, Kat & Jon Stewart.
Quote of the Day:
“One day, my mother said to me, “If you become a soldier, you will be a general; if you become a monk you’ll end up as the pope.” Instead, I became a painter and now I am Picasso..”