You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!
- Australia’s biggest river system (ranked 15th in the world) is almost dead — not just from a decade of drought, but human stupidity and greed.
- Global water crisis: every calorie of food requires a litre of water to produce it.
- Eroded gullies on Mars may have been carved by flowing meltwater as recently as a few hundred thousand years ago.
- Life in the stars: why the media must take the search for ET life seriously.
- Former US Army info officer is pressing for the USAF to release its radar records of the Stephenville/Dublin Texas UFO event.
- Regan Lee argues apparations of the Virgin Mary have more in common with UFOs, an argument put forth by Jacques Vallee in his classic Dimensions (Amazon US).
- Has the secret to yogic levitation been solved? With video.
- Are 11th-dimension exploding black holes possible? Do we want them to be?
- First test of the Large Hadron Collider postponed until October 21. That’s cutting it close to Halloween.
- Melissa Alvarez presents an EVP recording that will chill your bones.
- Swedish magazine recalled after typo in recipe poisons four. But I didn’t have any of the salmon mousse!
- If you don’t mind a typo in your soup, make a bid for this haunted spice rack.
- U.S. town repeals its ban on Wiccan magic, clairvoyants and tarot card readers.
- Archaeologists continue Stonehenge excavations, and the public is invited.
- French-Afghan team unearth head of a Bamiyan Buddha statue.
- Priceless gold wreath unearthed in an ancient Greek city puzzles experts.
- More pics of the pre-Incan Wari mummy found in Peru.
- Evidence of pre-Columbian towns found in the remote jungle of western Brazil.
- Rare fossilised skull of a steppe mammoth unearthed in southern France.
- Largest collection of antique shipwrecks ever found in Norway.
Thanks Kat and RPJ.
Quote of the Day:
People have the power
To dream, to rule,
To wrestle the world from fools.
Patti Smith, ‘People Have The Power’
Ok, it’s a U2 cover, not the original, and it’s a snippet at the end of the song.