Feast or nibble, the news is a banquet for all.
- Japanese scientists teach a whale to speak three words. “Stop eating us”?
- An African Grey parrot can speak like a Dalek from Dr Who. The parrot could teach whales…
- Never offend a crow, raven, jay or magpie, they never forget a face.
- Aussie lost in Laos jungle for 11 days chased by horrible lizards.
- Good news everybody: Australia is one of the world’s top five wilderness havens, but the bad news is Australia has the worst rate of species extinction.
- Neanderthals weren’t stupid, they used the same tools our ancestors did. Except for electric guitars.
- Fortune favours the brave: but are the heroic motivated by sex? Sure, Ajax got the babes, but Odysseus won Penelope’s heart through intelligence and perseverance.
- Canada’s Thule, ancestors of modern Inuit, have been ruled out as the ones who scared off the big tough Vikings. They ran away from the Moorwen.
- A pre-Incan female Wari mummy discovered in Peru, with pic.
- Exquisite statue of Marcus Aurelius dug up in ancient Turkish city of Sagalassos. Great photos.
- A small sacrifice for the Long Man of Wilmington, celebrating Lughnasadh.
- Podcast: Crop Circle Connector explaining how Bristol is the hub of crop circles.
- Video of a UFO fleet over Moscow: flares, Chinese lanterns, a CGI hoax?
- Photos of a UFO witnessed over Lake Sacandaga.
- Is there a link between water and UFOs?
- Six bright orange UFOs were seen in Melbourne’s east, a few suburbs from my house but I was fast asleep and have an alibi.
- Michael Shermer snuck into Australia without Greg or myself knowing or we would have alerted customs, to give his same old “light of venus” UFO schtick.
- Leading astrobiologist and proponent of panspermia claims NASA has embargoed news of life on Mars for political reasons.
- Chilly relations between US and Russia threatens NASA space program. And our lives, I might add.
- It’s the final countdown to the startup of the Large Hadron Collider. Great, now I’ll have Europe’s song stuck in my head for the Apocalypse.
- Some solar flares may be caused by dark matter spewed forth by the Sun. We’re bathing in cosmic vomit.
- The challenge of renewable energy isn’t its efficiency, but how can corporations make money from it?
- Man paralysed for 20 years is able to walk again thanks to Robocop-style exoskeleton. If only he could fight corporate and government corruption.
- Counter-terrorism unit launches global propaganda campaign to ‘taint the Al Qaeda brand’. The irony is, unlike Nike and Gap, the Al Qaeda brand is made in the USA.
Big thanks to Greg and Kat.
Quote of the Day:
The universe is change; our life is what our thoughts make it.