When they say ‘everything in moderation’… does that include moderation?
- The Sun was swallowed today– Were you on the right part of the planet to see the ecilpse?
- In the wake of Edgar Mitchell’s ‘revelations’, another NASA veteran breaks his silence about ‘purported’ alien contact. Could full disclosure be within sight — or is this yet another false summit… you be the judge.
- If the universe’s first stars were created by ripples from the Big Bang, could interference patterns and holograms hold the secrets of the universe?
- Get your daily workout– in a pill. Will that be red or blue (he asks knowingly)…
- Phoenix probe confirms, “Yes Virginia, there is water on Mars”. More here.
- The Axum Obelisk of Ethiopia will stand tall once again.
- Scientists around the planet join forces (and data) to create the first complete geological map of the globe.
- 70 million year-old Tyrannosaurus-Rex tissue… or modern bacteria-based biofilm. Inquiring minds want to know…
- Inventor of the lab-created diamond makes his exit. I suppose his legacy is safe, since diamonds are… ya know.
- ”Black Lakes as smooth as glass…” Vacation property on Titan is going at an all-time high. More here. And a bit more here.
- To the Moon! (so say nine nations).
- A monster in Montauk or more monkey business?
- Fountain of youth one step closer with ‘reprogrammed’ sick cells.
- Lab-based photosynthesis… Whoa.
- Perhaps oil from algae could solve our energy woes. Certainly no shortage of the gooey green stuff.
- Lucas in carbonite? After Indy 4 and the new SW trilogy, it seems so… apropos.
- “ Who watches the Watchmen?” The oft-billed ‘greatest graphic novel of all time’ hits the big screen. Breath held…
Danke Schöen to Greg, RPJ, Rick and Kat!
Quote of the Day:
Dan Dreiberg… “The country’s disintegrating. What’s happened to America? What’s happened to the American dream?”
The Comedian… “It came true. You’re lookin’ at it…”
Alan Moore, Watchmen