Let’s see how I go after a day of many blood-tests and glucose jelly beans.
- The Northern Star Polaris, whose vibrations were thought to be dying away, appears to have returned to life.
- Did campfire rituals separate modern humans from Neanderthals? I love a good driftwood bonfire on the beach.
- Folklore: the links with our past that we must preserve.
- Hundreds of fragments of an ancient Egyptian boat entombed at Giza will be put back together again. “You can smell the past,” said Zahi Hawass. No, that’s FOX.
- Tourism is damaging Machu Picchu and the temples of Angkor Wat.
- Bolivian relics could shed light on 3000 years of Andean culture.
- The Shaman’s Last Apprentice by Rebekita shares her incredible journey into the heart of the Amazon (available to order from her website).
- Ancient Mayan healing traditions, or New Age commercialism?
- Psychedelic research is emerging from the 40-year drug war dark ages.
- The Truman Show Delusion: psychiatrists are treating patients who believe they’re the subject of a reality tv show. My ad break never ends.
- More than half the Amazon rainforest may be destroyed by the year 2030.
- Dead birds are falling from the sky in Western Australia. I hope it’s not this.
- British SAS trains dogs to parachute into enemy territory. They even get cat tags.
- We don’t need oil: 5 electric cars you can buy today.
- A white humpback whale has been sighted off the east coast of Australia.
- Nick Redfern wishes he could join the expedition to explore Siberia’s Lake Baikal.
- Be careful Nick, you might get sent to Camp Skeptic to be healed of woo-woo. This one time, at Skeptic Camp…
- Skeptic Peter Huston thinks UFO research is mostly harmless and other cliches.
- UFO researcher Robert Hastings is dismayed at the public apathy regarding UFO sightings at military installations.
- James Fox, producer/director of the brilliant Out Of The Blue UFO documentary, needs our help to make a sequel.
- Edgar Mitchell spills the beans on UFOs and ET visitation on Aussie radio.
Thanks Greg, Kat and the other cat.
Quote of the Day:
Perhaps to some extent we have lost sight of the fact that LSD can be very, very helpful in our society if used properly.
Senator Robert Kennedy, 1966