News – baked to a rich golden brown, and fresh out of the oven. Right – I’m off to watch Star Trek.
- Spain says Great Apes have right to life and liberty.
- Cyrus cylinder’s ancient bill of rights ‘is just propaganda’.
- Volcanoes fingered in oceanic mass extinction. It was an asteroid. No, it was volcanoes. Asteroid. Volcanoes. Asteroid! Volcanoes! Okay, how about this: It was an asteroid that triggered the volcanoes.
- The cult of Hadrian — a very modern emperor.
- Vampires: the Celtic connection.
- Traces of ancient DNA shed light on contents of amphorae.
- Google Earth reveals archaeological sites in Afghanistan.
- Commemorating the ultimate geek project: Apollo 11.
- An alien’s view of planet Earth. NASA video: Lunar transit of Earth.
- Moonlighting rocketmen.
- Ineos patents first way to make bioethanol from municiple solid waste. And happily, they already own a conventional refinery.
- Genders have different genes for long-term memory creation.
- Why we sometimes have to re-read a page.
- Schizophrenia linked to split protein.
- White horses are actually mutants.
- Mistress Bonferroni cracks whip, tames data.
- The Car of Tomorrow Has an Extension Cord.
- Green-loving California may dodge the utility bill bullet – while rest of the US pays 20-30% more for energy.
- Commercial fishermen are reverting to wind power in response to soaring fuel prices.
- Gamers’ virtual enemies get minds of their own.
- Online game lets players invent superheroes. Sony likes to watch.
- Mexico intercepts mini-sub laden with 5.8 tons of cocaine. Check out that photo!
- Wonder Drugs that can kill.
- Fantasy Islands: Cities at sea have long been a libertarian dream.
- MSM bitch fight in progress: Responding to statements made by Fox News executive John Moody, MSNBC’s new president, Phil Griffin, says, ‘You can’t trust a word they say.’
- Our Continuing National Disgrace Is Our Media.
- Mixing it up with 9-11 Truthers last week, Guardian op/ed, “So, you believe in conspiracy theories, do you? You probably also think you’re the Emperor of Pluto”, garners a record 1,700 comments — and a follow-up op/ed.
- Physicists forced to reaffirm that human-caused global warming is “incontrovertible”.
- The right’s misguided frenzy over the American Physical Society.
- It may be years before the new internet protocol IPv6 takes over from the current IPv4, but many systems – corporate and personal – are already open to attack through channels that have been enabled on their machines to support IPv6 traffic.
- Evangelical atheist slaps creationists into primordial soup.
- Food crisis: If it comes down to a choice between jellyfish, bugs and pigeons, I think I’ll take the pigeons. And hope they taste like doves.
- A little perspective on the fuel crisis and the energy crisis.
- Stunning photos of a leopard savaging a crocodile.
- The real Batman.
Quote of the Day:
Always question the recieved reality.