“To begin a voyage of a thousand miles requires the first step…”
- Undersea volcanoes linked to aquatic die-off in Cretaceous Period. So if Kilauea and Llaima are above water, would that link them to…
- Moon transits the Earth… The jaw-dropping view from space. More here.
- Water on Mars was ”Widespread”, according to the BBC. A little more proof of Martian water. And of course, Martian ice, courtesy of Phoenix.
- Mission to Mars by way of Alaska…
- Newly discovered mummy from the largely unknown Chancay civilization of Peru.
- 20 million year-old fossils offer new clues to the formation of the Americas.
- The typewriter Douglas Adams used to write The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy is for sale. The numbers “4” and “2” are conspicuously missing.
- Dementia patient shows remarkable progress, thanks to a revolutionary ‘infra-red helmet’ treatment.
- Attention, Steampunks! Time-traveling tips for meeting your future self…
- Testing the Plausibility Effect.
- Second-brightest star ever detected shines like 3 million suns.
- Money woes mean NASA’s new Moon capsule may not be ready by 2013.
- Cracking the code of the mysterious cipher sent to Fermilab.
Grand thanks to Monsieurs Greg, RPJ, Rick and the good Dr. Timothy Cox…
Quote of the Day:
“From wonder into wonder existence opens…”