You know, I can’t smile without you 🙂
- The legend of the Crystal Skulls is a no-brainer. And a no-noser, no-necker… 😉
- Alan Boyle discusses the Dark Knight’s cool gadgets at Cosmic Log.
- Infamous places: the amazing Osaka Castle in Japan. It doesn’t move or anything, but it’s still pretty cool.
- The Gulf of Mexico may hold not only oil, but also clues of the first Americans.
- Bio Lego: MIT & Harvard Scientists Create Living Building Blocks. Just imagine what your great-great-grandkid is gonna ask for Xmas one day.
- The future of babies: Artificial wombs (Whoa!) and pregnant grandmas (Yikes!!!)
- Empathy is ‘hard-wired’ in children’s brains. Damn! That means I’ve run out of excuses 🙁
- The day a UFO almost launched Minuteman missiles, and WWIII —Goddamned interstellar frat boys!
- Who are the people who have seen a UFO? I mean aside from deranged lunatics and liars [just kidding! ;-)]
- UFO sighted at the Santa Cecilia pyramid (Mexico) was just a balloon, according to Ana Luisa Cid [Video]
- Is promoting nuclear power as a panacea to counter climate change and the oil crisis a reckless gamble? Pull the trigger and find out.
- Is global warming to blame for my kidney stones, or all those Cokes I drink during the day?
- The No. 1 need right now for some of the builders of the nation’s next spaceship: Lots of No. 1.
- One of these days ISS…*POW*…right to the Moon!
- Gallery: More evidence shows Mars once was wet all over. The indoctrination plan keeps marching forth.
- Sandbot: the robot designed to master Mars’ treacherous terrain (with video).
- Army wants ‘Psychologically Inspired’ robot vision. Because we don’t want them to confuse Sarah Connor with some other blonde now, do we?
- Robots: Good explorers, lousy bartenders. Mars Lander Successfully Collects Ice Sample.
- College 2.0: How to optimize the University for the XXIst century (Suggestion: More beer!!)
- So, you hated Chemistry back in High-School? The Periodic Table of Videos might make you change your mind,(H/T to the Red Ferret).
- Tobacco industry manipulated cigarette menthol content to recruit new smokers among young people. But the drug-dealers are still the bad guys, right?
- Running the Oval Office is a left-handed job (in other words… a sinister job)
Thanks to Papa Greg, Mama Kat, Big Bro’ Rick & Filip… who would be kinda like my second cousin… or something 😛
Quote of the Day
People have turned away from organised religion, as they have turned away from organised everything else. But the atheists who dance on the coffin of the old religions will never persuade them to live as though the thing inside were dead. God has fled, but he is not dead. He is biding his time, waiting for us to make room for him. That, at least, is how I read the growing obsession with religion and the nostalgia for what we lost when the congregations shut their Bibles and their hymn books, broke asunder and went silently home.
Roger Scruton, research professor for the Institute for the Psychological Sciences