Surgeon General’s Warning: Failing to read the TDG’s News Briefs on a regular basis might shorten your life expectancy (I’m not kidding).
- Higher education associated with greater gains in mortality reduction from common cancers. See?? One day you’re gonna thank Greg from saving you from a colonoscopy 😉
- ”Medical Castration” may harm, not help, prostate cancer patients. More research is needed but lack of volunteers is frustrating the scientists.
- Fish fossils plug hole in evolutionary theory, which might explain why so many scientists have never actually read “The Origin of the Species”.
- Alan Boyle asks: What color was that dinosaur? Because we all know Barney was the work of a crackhead… or Satan himself.
- Japanese scientists create artificial DNA. Must be second nature to them, with all that origami training and all 😉
- The ability to predict a quake has just gotten a big step closer.
- Giving your brain a jolt can increase learning ability. Come on!! We in Mexico already knew that a long time ago 😛
- Canada, Mexico and the United States are cooperating to protect and conserve the monarch butterfly. If NAFTA is any indication… the poor bug is doomed 🙁
- ”Parle vouz Sparrow?” Migrating birds understand “foreign languages”.
- Newsflash: Water! On the Moon! Still looking for cheese though.
- Arthur C. Clarke: Visionary astrobiologist, or alien in disguise? You be the judge.
- XXIst Century’s robotic technology is no better than you at scraping off ice from the side-walk,.
- On the trail of Nazi criminal Aribert Heim, better known as “Doctor Death”. Maybe he’s hanging out with Dr. Feelgood?
- Meteor sighting sparks UFO panic in Israel. Better a rock from the sky than a rocket from Iran.
- The public are in denial, says British UFO investigator. NO WE AREN’T!!!!
- Anglicans vote in favour of women bishops, which has caused some heart attacks back in Rome— salvation of the souls is a man’s game, dammit!
- Obama votes “yes” to wiretapping bill that shields phone companies. No comment (they might be listening).
- Russia’s government behind former KGB agent Litvinenko’s death (video). Even more shocking: Dogs have four legs (!).
- The Economics of Conspiracy Theories.
- The economists think Wall*E is the Antichrist, while the Disney’s accountants think Wall*E is a saint.
- A demolition man has just found a treasure from Middle Earth.
- 84 years after his death, Kafka’s papers are set to be released, and a bidding war has already erupted.
Thanks to my 3 amigos: Rick, Kat & Greg.
Quote of the Day
” One must not judge the utility of a work by the style the author has chosen: often puerile things are said gravely, while very serious truths are said with bantering wit.”
Charles-Louis de Secondat, Baron de La Brède et de Montesquieu