I can’t believe the news today, Oh I can’t close my eyes and make it go away…
- G8 leaders discuss global food crisis over eight-course banquet. To be fair, Dubya didn’t touch the pretzels.
- Citizens group in San Francisco wants sewage treatment plant named after Dubya.
- US government official wants taser bracelets on all air passengers. The Governator will issue a press statement about a reality remake of The Running Man soon.
- A real-life Danny Deckchair flies in an armchair held aloft by balloons.
- Photo gallery of the ugliest bug faces. They’re crawling all over you right now.
- Do octopuses have a favourite tentacle? Cthulhu is left-tentacled?!
- Nessie filmed in front of Urquhart Castle, Scotland!
- Endangered Tasmanian Devil sighted in Queensland? It may have been Greg celebrating the State of Origin.
- Nick Redfern alerts us to the Medway Monster, an eel-like creature 30-feet long.
- Which segues to Nick’s spiffy new book, There’s Something In The Woods (Amazon US & UK). What does Bigfoot do in the woods when nobody’s around?
- Secret Agent 666: Aleister Crowley, British Intelligence and the occult (Amazon US & UK). Somehow I can’t see him using a shoe-phone.
- There’s trouble brewing in the UK between spiritualist organisations.
- Welsh police say UFO was just a bad moon rising.
- Billy Cox is bleary-eyed from watching DVDs all night looking for clues to Hollywood knowledge of extraterrestrials. He watched My Stepmom Is An Alien five times.
- Brad Steiger examines anomalous archaeological artifacts. Worlds Before Our Own (Amazon US & UK).
- Could Atlantis be in Bolivia? It’s like the island from Lost.
- Ancient royal burial ground discovered near Abydos, Egypt .
- UNESCO has added new sites to its world heritage list, including a Hindu temple in Cambodia embroiled in controversy.
- More controversial is a stone tablet dating to the first century BC, a scholar claiming the Hebrew text describes a prophecy of a messiah who will rise from the dead, written in ink just decades before the birth of JC. Dan Brown can’t make it up.
- The Zuni enigma (Amazon US & UK): a Native American link to Japan?
Thanks Greg and Kat.
Quote of the Day:
Suddenly, from behind the rim of the moon, in long, slow-motion moments of immense majesty, there emerges a sparkling blue and white jewel, a light, delicate sky-blue sphere laced with slowly swirling veils of white, rising gradually like a small pearl in a thick sea of black mystery. It takes more than a moment to fully realize this is Earth . . . home.
Apollo Astronaut Edgar Mitchell