“The past is history, the future a mystery, but this moment is a gift…that’s why it’s called present”…That was some brainy turtle. Cool moves too.
- Justice from Beyond: Spirit message convicts paedophile.
- Vatican to probe Medjugorje ‘Virgin Mary’ apparitions.
- Pregnant women get morning sickness to protect fetus. Yet ANOTHER thing I will get bribed for on Mother’s Day…Sheeesh!
- Michelangelo Mangano—theoretical physicist at Europe’s CERN—discusses with Cosmic Log’s Alan Boyle the benefits of Black Holes (goodbye credit card debt!)
- Space probes show that the edge of the solar system is dented, not round. Which shows God was a reckless driver in His/Her youth.
- 100 years after Tunguska, it’s time for a protection plan—but wasn’t that the REAL purpose of Reagan’s Star Wars?
- The Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) is 40 years old. The world is still choke-full of nukes, but we are still here so that should count for something.
- Biofuels: A nice concept in the theory; but in the real world, you need to take the weather into account.
- Extinction risks vastly underestimated. Or maybe it’s our ‘intelligence’ what’s vastly OVERestimated?
- The latest Olympic nightmare for China: Algae bloom—What’s next, LOCUST?
- ”… And all I ask is a tall telescope, and a planet to steer her by”. New planet points the way for ET hunters.
- University of North Texas checks authenticity of 100-year-old UFO story.
- Buckminster Fuller & his amazing Dymaxion plans.
- Cyber-smearing—how unfounded rumours and disinformation spread online by a handful of individuals can sway a nation.
- Move over Iceland! Denmark is now the happiest country in the world—I suspect your bear-killing tendencies was the culprit. But don’t feel bad, America; you may not be the happiest, but you sure are the highest! 😉
- 9/11 hero to be cloned. No, not a fireman… a dog.
- Washington’s boyhood home is found. Lincoln’s gold is still missing.
- 5000 year old Stone Age house found in England. Nice façade, and a good view, but no satellite dish?? This lemon will never sell 😉
- The key to Stradivarius’ secret has finally been solved. Now about that Paganini dude…
- Cronenberg’s Fly goes to the opera. Maybe one day they’ll do the same with Ghostbusters, or The Planet of the Apes… Oh, wait!
- ‘Hellboy’ taps into ancient irish folklore. Hmmm… I didn’t know the old celtic gods fancied Mexican beer.
- Five superpowers from the Bible that put Marvel & DC to shame. Stan Lee vs Jehovah… tough call!
- Harry Potter ‘deluxe’ first edition set goes for $US35,000. That’s not even ‘real’ first editions folks. Hold on to those ‘Darklore Volume 1’ hardcovers—US$160.40 on Amazon!—some day they’ll put your grandchildren through college.
Thanks to Rick, Greg & Kat.
Quote of the Day:
”I strongly suspect there is a strong correlation between peace and happiness.”
Ronald Inglehart, political scientist at the University of Michigan’s Institute for Social Research (and the greatest mind of our time IMO, for coming up with such insight)