Kat’s away at a not-so-secret cat conference for a feline new world order, but she still managed to find half of today’s news.
- Loren Coleman gives us an update on his fight to save the cryptozoology museum.
- Was shamanic astral traveling involved in the Nazca lines? I was pondering the same thing last week. Alas, Evan Hadingham’s Lines to the Mountain Gods is out of print (wink wink, Greg).
- UFOs buzzed a family’s home recently in northern Australia, but were they F-35Bs? I’d drive up there to find out, but Greg’s closer.
- Central Australia is a hotbed of UFO sightings, with the secretive US base PIne Gap in the middle of it all. Crikey, it’s Steve Irwin meets David Icke!
- Can aboriginal myths of sky people be linked to UFOs in Australia?
- On your marks, get set… GO! Buzz Aldrin warns America must invest in NASA or lose space exploration to Russia and China.
- After decades insisting they’re safe, the US has issued health warnings for mercury tooth fillings. I can’t receive Coast To Coast, just a Mexican folk music station.
- Research suggests marijuana is a powerful medicine — but it toasts your memory.
- A zombie tale of old New Orleans, with eyes to die for.
- Texas Supreme Court throws out case against exorcism.
- Five psychological experiments that prove humanity is doomed.
- Researchers at Harvard, MIT, and Yale have found evidence that meditation can alter the physical structure of our brains. Om.
- Helping cyclone victims has rejuvenated Burma’s buddhist monks.
- Snow leopards survive 30 years of war in Aghanistan, only to face a new threat.
- Amazing photos of thousands of stingrays migrating to new waters.
- The disappearance of bees poses a disaster for us all.
- Inspiring photo of a wildlife officer saving a drowning bear. Get him a job in Iceland.
- Paris is 3000 years older than previously thought, and the celebrity isn’t happy.
- Aztec whistles of death. I heard that whistle in Kill Bill 1.
- Egyptologists find ancient painted coffins, some dating to the 13th century BC.
- Looters have taken all but one relic from an ancient Hindu temple in Pakistan.
- Happy birthday to Nelson Mandela, who turned 90 years young last week and is passing the baton for the fight against poverty and oppression to those more able.
Thanks Greg, Kat, and our feline overlords.
Quote of the Day:
Every age has its massive moral blind spots. We might not see them, but our children will.