“We are now at a point where we must educate our children in what no one knew yesterday, and prepare our schools for what no one knows yet…”
- The Reality Test: How a team of physicists in Vienna is asking, ‘Do we create the world just by looking at it?’
- Farewell to Gunter S. Stent, renowned scientist and molecular biologist who helped solve the mysteries of the gene and DNA alongside Watson and Crick.
- Just what is the Summer Solstice? Let N.G. do the talking…
- Will ‘Nanonhorns’ usher in a new wave of sci-fi medical tools?
- And you thought wireless groceries were just for the Jetsons…
- Researcher opens NASA’s X-Files on the Kecksburg Incident.
- Rapid climate change may happen faster than anyone expects… More here, from the BBC.
- Notes on ‘How to talk to a Climate Change Skeptic’ — A point by point guide.
- How the DARPA brain drain cost the agency $32 million.
- New competition to put homeopathy on trial…
- And from TDG’s Strange But True Files… Indian baby ‘back from the dead’.
- Contrary to popular reports (including my own), the unknown Amazonian tribe that had no contact with the outside world has actually been under surveillance (from a distance) for years.
- Gastric bypass surgery as cancer cure? More proof that obesity now can lead to problems later (he says as he puts down the cookie)…
- Following up on a macabre story we first reported on in March (“Whatever you do, take care of your shoes”), another foot in a running shoe (minus the leg) has turned up in B.C. – the second this week… A little more here.
- Kittens off the hook as great marine mammal killers… Just watch out for those Toxoplasmosis-laden anchovies.
- Retreating Antarctic ice creates new threat to migratory whales. Like the deck isn’t already stacked against them enough?
Special thanks to TDG’s avatar (aka Greg)
Quote of the Day:
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world…”