Strangeways, here we come…
- Could closing the ozone hole later this century hasten climate change?
- Environmental pants? Proof that everything (even clothing manufacturers) can go green.
- Also Sprach… Methuselah Tree? All hail the world’s oldest (2000 year old) sprouted seed! More here.
- “First flash” of dying supernova (red supergiant star) seen for the first time – Thankfully a billion light years away. More here.
- Think you can hold your breath in space? No fair if you’re a cylon.
- Ever enjoyed that ‘new shower curtain smell’? Be glad if you haven’t – according to a new report… it’s toxic.
- Pieces of Panda homeland destroyed by China quake. Thankfully Sharon Stone has *not* issued a statement (yet).
- Off-planet mining one step closer to reality (sort of) thanks to new metallicity map of the Milky Way… The first generation of Replicants should be available from The Tyrell Corporation this fall.
- Are we one the eve of the bionic revolution? Let’s hope so – Colonel Steve Austin could really use a new hip to get that damn Bigfoot.
- Quantum-entangled kittens? Just don’t tell Schroedinger.
- Things are quiet on the Sun… maybe too quiet.
- Red hot chili peppers meet nanotechnology… Wonder if bloodsugarsexmagik was the background music?
- Is extreme climate change or ‘climate chaos’ inevitable? It is according to this author.
- The great Australian dinosaur bone controversy of 2008 has begun.
- Bald Eagle gets new beak. Next thing you know he’ll be wanting new wings and a porsche.
- Despite the widespread belief that Friday the 13th is a patently unlucky day (and the inspiration for a slew of slasher flicks) – a new study from Amsterdam claims it’s actually “safer than an average Friday”.
Thanks to Red Pill Junkie
Quote of the Day:
“If not us, who? If not now, when?”
Hillel the Elder