Fare thee well, Dr. Lamb. Good luck and Godspeed…
- Nobel Laureate and eminent physicist, Willis E. Lamb Jr. has left the world richer than when he arrived. A few words about the man who laid the foundation of quantum electrodynamics.
- Who needs alternative energy sources if the Moon generates electricity?
- And then there were three… Jupiter welcomes a third Red Spot.
- In news that makes you want to summon pagan deities do your dirty work… vandals deface Stonehenge.
- News-flash… The sun may not be the only star able to support life. According to the Astrophysical Journal, life could exist on virtually *every* star.
- Flash-News! Earth canyon reveals clues to epic flash-floods of yesteryear on Earth and Mars. You can read more in the May 23 issue of Journal Science (if you have a subscription – I don’t 🙂
- In other “If it works here, why not on Mars?” news, did Martian hydrothermal vents support life?
- Up from the depths of the amphibians evolutionary tree comes… “Frog-Amander!” More Frog-Amander news here.
- Discovery on the bottom of the ocean may change the way we understand life (or the definition of it, at least). A bit more here.
- Ever seen something explode on the Moon? If not, you’re practically a dying breed (nowadays).
- West Coast water is becoming more acidic. And not the way Ken Kesey would’ve condoned.
- Read enough about the Phoenix Lights / Flare Drop? Not until you check out this interview with a pilot stationed in Arizona in 1997.
- Hydrogen phones to be available by 2010. Presuming we’re still here to use them, naturally…
- Sharks swim perilously near extinction… JAWS may become more of a myth than anyone ever intended.
Quote of the Day:
“They’re not gonna catch us… We’re on a mission from God.”
Dan ‘Jake’ Aykroyd