If this were to be the last day of your life, what would you change?
- Some Australians travel to Mexico, not seeking to watch a bull-fight or buy a sombrero. What they seek is… Death.
- Doing it with Betty. A DIY video on how to escape this mortal coil [Disclaimer: Not suitable for children, people suffering from depression, or idiot fratboys with nothing better to do; if you’re Osama Bin Laden, go right ahead].
- A word that’s been part of our consciousness for a quarter of a century: AIDS.
- AIDS “Dissident” Seeks Redemption… and a Cure for Cancer.
- Half-man, half-machine, and all-Olympic: Oscar Pistorius will compete in Beijing. (More here).
- UK says YES! to Chimeras. Yipee! I can’t wait to having my own gargoyle 😉
- Say bye-bye to the Space Elevator: Carbon Nanotubes might present a similar danger to that posed by asbestos 🙁
- Aboard an airplane smoking should only be permitted to the pilot, for the passengers’ protection.
- Could an acid trip cure your OCD? Turn on, tune in, and drop out… but wash your hands first!!!!
- Five things humans no longer need. Regrettably, governments are not listed.
- Because, honestly, do YOU trust your government? According to WorldPublicOpinion.org, most of us don’t.
- Give every kid in the world a laptop and we might bring about an evolutionary quantum jump. At least that’s the dream, and now it seems closer than ever.
- The Modern American Solution to defeat Communism: Cell phones.
- Memo from the US, China, Russia, India, Pakistan & Israel to the rest of the world: Screw U & Leave our bombs alone!
- Are you first on the list to go up against a wall?
- In Belgium men like beer, and they like video-games. And now, thanks to some very ingenious engineers, they can enjoy—and relieve—themselves while visiting the loo. Extended time!
- Once upon a time, former Chess master Gary Kasparov was defeated by Deep Blue. Now the time has come to meet a new nemesis: Big Pink.
- “The Rising” is not the title of yet another George A. Romero movie, but the name of Spielberg’s Ghost/UFO Social Network.
- Ghost of Victorian girl ‘causing car crashes’. I’m sure the insurance agent hears that one aaall the time.
- According to MUFON, most of this year’s Texas UFO reports can be explained as planets, clouds & swamp gas. Friends of Linda Howe they ain’t!
- When it comes to UFOs, Big Media has a tendency of sticking its foot in its mouth.
- Renowned fortean blogger Regan Lee asks: How Will We Ever Know If It´s “Full” Disclosure?
- Debunking the strange science behind ‘Lost’. Meh… as long as they leave ‘Battlestar Galactica’ alone.
- Make sure you set aside some money for Xmas 2012, because there will be no Doomsday. Then again…
Quote of the Day:
“There is no requirement that every statement be a scientific statement. Nor are non-scientific statements worthless or irrational simply because they are not scientific. “She sings beautifully.” “He is a good man.” “I love you.” These are all non-scientific statements that can be of great value. Science is not the only useful way of looking at life.”
William D. Phillips, Nobel Laureate.