Every great advance in natural knowledge has involved the absolute rejection of authority…
- Jupiter’s Great Red Spot recreated in terrestrial soap bubble? I thought April fool’s was last week…
- With bee populations waning, Beekeepers turn to Einstein’s oft-quoted ‘pollination theory’ for answers. Only problem is… Einstein never said it. Another snopes forum debunking the quote, here.
- Ever wonder what happens to your garbage after the trucks haul it away? National Geographic did.
- And if you think the above-referenced garbage is worse than the trash most people feed their kids, guess again. New UK Study says food additives DO harm children. Doesn’t anyone remember the free nutrasweet gumballs-by-mail fiasco from the 80’s?
- Mark your lunar conspiracy calendars for 2011… NASA announces plans to launch new spacecraft to study lunar dust.
- Scientists discover new method for preserving endangered species. And it isn’t just another vault on Spitsbergen… So there.
- Missing link between planets and stars found… Something tells me they aren’t referring to the Nova ‘Missing Link’ special from 2002.
- Stranded by the recent airline debacle in the states? So was this pilot.
- Robots doing the work of 3.5 million Japanese? Apparently, the robo-revolution has begun (so claims this article from NZ). Personally, I refuse to believe the robot apocalypse is upon us – at least not until “All your base are belong to us”.
- That said, should you suddenly find yourself in need of a ‘robot apocalypse fix’, check out this classic MST 3K episode. All hail Joel and the ‘Bots!
- ’Chain letter study’ reveals circulation patterns of information dispersal across the globe. Now send this link to 10 friends in the next 2 minutes…
Quote of the Day:
Sit down before fact like a little child, and be prepared to give up every preconceived notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abyss Nature leads, or you shall learn nothing…
T. H. Huxley