I have a plethora of book reviews and interviews lined up, so if you’d like to see me post these instead of news briefs for a while let us know. Otherwise, business as usual:
- Research says finding an explanation is like having an orgasm. It’s why a certain skeptic is amazingly Randi.
- 6000 degrees Kelvin is the surface temperature of the Sun, and what’s inside a new hyper efficient plasma lightbulb. I write my news by candlelight.
- Doctor reveals the dirty secrets of multinational pharmaceuticals.
- The US establishment media in a nutshell. Feed people peanuts…
- A homeless man who built an elaborate treehouse is being evicted. More photos of David Csaky inside his brilliant home.
- When a house is repossessed, many people also lose their traumatised pets.
- There’s a bread shortage crisis in Egypt and President Mubarak has ordered the army to bake more.
- Sudan’s pyramids vastly outnumber those of Egypt.
- Archaeologists will search a bay in the far north of Scotland for Viking artefacts.
- Did explorer G.E. Kincaid stumble upon a cave full of ancient Egyptian treasure in the Grand Canyon?
- A possible explanation why the ancient Puebloans of Arizona and New Mexico, better known as Anasazi, packed up and mysteriously left?
- Gary A. David writes about the mysteries of America’s Southwest in Eye of the Phoenix (Amazon US or UK). I highly recommend his first book, The Orion Zone (Amazon US or UK)
- Spielberg and Ford initially resisted Lucas’s crystal skull story. 42 days, 3 hours and 44 minutes to go!
- Frank Warren has posted a terrific interview with one of the founders of UFO researcher Major Donald Keyhoe. By the way, Keyhoe’s groundbreaking book The Flying Saucers Are Real is available to download for free.
- Strange entities in human shape are visiting Argentinian communities.
- Mac Tonnies wonders whether SETI would tell us if ET called? Not if SETI has voice-activition menus and daggy on-hold music.
- Mars is preparing for an invasion of robotic explorers from Earth. Martians are already selling their homes and packing.
- We won’t have far to move because scientists have found another, more reasonable Universe.
- Like a scifi Howl’s Moving Castle (Amazon US or UK), giant robots could carry lunar bases on their backs.
- A Bosnian man whose home has been hit by meteorites five times believes he is being targeted by aliens.
- He’s lucky they’re not throwing peanut-shaped star systems.
- Male juvenile rhesus monkeys show a preference for playing with “masculine” toys like trucks over “feminine” toys. RPJ makes a Pew! Pew! Pew! noise when playing with his X-Wing fighter.
Thanks Greg and Kat.
Quote of the Day:
My own suspicion is that the universe is not only queerer than we suppose, but queerer than we can suppose.