This is the end, my only friend, the end…
- Scientists identify origin of hiss in upper atmosphere. Don’t tell me, it’s a weather balloon coming down.
- Second Life avatars and Brazilians: the same carbon footprint.
- Speaking of Brazilian carbon underfoot, Arc of Fire aims to prevent new wave of deforestation.
- More on the exopolitics at the UN.
- Astrobiology: when will they start teaching that at school? The field trips would be out of this world!
- Fancy a one-way, solo trip to Mars? You could always hitch a ride back home with the Martians.
- Steve Fossett – yet another Pilot Doppelganger?
- Holographic Prince Charles explains jet trip that wasn’t…
- Black box had ‘presentiment’ of 9/11.
- Stonehenge sentinel? or prehistoric rent-a-cop to keep the hippies out?
- And the Hippos Were Boiled in Their Tanks: a tale of misadventure from Kerouac and Burroughs is finally published.
- A chip off the old block? Saturn’s moon Rhea may also have rings.
- Tree of life uprooted by comb jellies.
- Butterflies remember caterpillar experiences. (Eating leaf, eating leaf, take a crap, eating leaf, oh shite a bird!, Eating leaf, eating leaf…)
- Thinking with the body. I know where my brain is located.
- Brain scanner can tell what you’re looking at. So can most young ladies I meet.
- OECD: World must act on climate change while we can afford it, but corporate social responsibility already under pressure from credit crunch.
- The Grand Canyon is three times older than previously thought.
- Microsoft Research gives ‘outsiders’ a look inside the doors of its magical kingdom.
Thanks to all
Quote of the Day:
We have no evidence of secrecy concerning UFO reports. What has been miscalled secrecy has been no more than an intelligent policy of delay in releasing data so that the public does not become confused by premature publication of incomplete studies of reports.