Can’t help but wonder how the after-effects of this flood might have sparked the development of agriculture.
- Canadian geologists shed new light on catastrophic flood, around 8,200 years ago, that cooled Earth’s climate for hundreds of years.
- West Antarctica’s ‘rivers of ice’ have surged sharply towards the ocean.
- Possible Druid grave enchants archaeologists.
- Tudor Parfitt’s 20-year quest to find the Ark of the Covenant.
- Researchers find simple way to steal encrypted data: PGP says encryption still good; sleeping mode not so much.
- After 17 years of studying the sun and solar system and traveling 6 billion miles, the Ulysses solar probe is about to freeze to death.
- Movie of an electron shows how it rides on a light wave just after having been pulled away from an atom.
- Oz scientists say tiny particles of pure silica coated with active nanomaterial purify water much more effectively and at lower cost than conventional methods.
- Energy storage nears its day in the sun.
- Five-minute video about Luke Skywalker-like artificial arm. Impressive!
- Thanks to Eyeborg device that allows users to hear colours, completely colour-blind artist can now paint with a full palette.
- Computers can diagnose Alzheimer’s disease faster and more accurately than experts.
- New gene therapy that attracts and ‘trains’ immune system cells to destroy brain cancer cells also provides long-term immunity.
- LSD study reveals key to more effective treatment for schizophrenia.
- Psilocybin schrooms make time feel slower.
- Waiter, there’s someone playing mind games in my soup: How science could soon be manipulating our choice of food.
- Lost words of ancestors finally being revealed to tribal Americans.
- An LSD mind-control experimenter, orders to assassinate, poison toothpaste that makes death seem from natural causes: Memories of CIA officer resonate in a new era. John Prados’ book Safe for Democracy: The Secret Wars of the CIA is available at Amazon US & UK.
- Torture: Same as it ever was.
- Be careful who you frag: U.S. intelligence community is working on software to detect violent extremists infiltrating World of Warcraft and other MMPGs.
- Help Wanted: Experts in nuclear forensics needed to reinforce world nuclear security.
- From the New Deal, a way out of the sub-prime mess.
- Study: ‘Global cooling’ a 1970s myth.
- GW Skeptic Zombie Killed…Again. So, that’s that. The zombie’s dead, right? ***Ominous bumping, shuffling sound in background.*** 🙂 <--- Arrow to smiley
- How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic. (Scroll down.)
- Texas UFO sightings continue.
- From Isn’t it Lucky to A Dream Come True, mystery gambler picks 8 winning horses in a row, to win £1million on 50p bet.
- ZOMG!!! New threat to our way of life: giant pythons. And I thought my worrying was ahead of the curve.
- Gordon Rodda, zoologist with the US Geological Survey, sparked the article above, and lends his expertise on Burmese pythons to officials everywhere, from Hawaii and Guam to Florida.
A big thanks to Rick for sending at least two days’ worth of news. (Yes, he gets half the blame or praise. No, he doesn’t get to sleep in on Wednesday.)
Quote of the Day:
Most ignorance is vincible ignorance. We don’t know because we don’t want to know.
Writer Aldous Huxley, well known for advocating and taking LSD, including on his death bed.