For the first time in 3 years (or is it 4 years?) as a Grail editor, I managed to accidentally delete my news before posting it. Don’t let me down, memory…
- Illegal trade of tiger parts and poaching is rampant in Indonesia.
- In Montana, a rare albino moose has been shot… by a photographer.
- A white stag that passes between worlds in celtic mythology is roaming the Scottish highlands.
- Gorgeous Celtic-French musician Cecile Corbel is touring Australia (Amazon).
- Brittany’s ancient menhirs; erected by giants and haunted by faeries?
- Please don’t look at fairy tales like a hardcore scientist, just enjoy them as the entertaining Jungian archetypes and moral allegories they are.
- Artifacts found in a 2000-year-old burial could be the first archaeological evidence of Druids.
- One of the world’s oldest and widely feared superstitions is the evil eye. A new angle to the Greek myth of the Cyclops?
- Amazing photo of the world’s largest statue of Jesus Christ in Brazil struck by lightning. It’s raining here so I won’t make a joke.
- There’s a resurgence of exorcisms in Poland. A poll told me that.
- Catholic officials plan a retreat center for exorcisms. They also host discounted wedding receptions and Bar Mitzvahs.
- The Pope backs exorcism squads to fight the Devil. Who ya gonna call?
- From exorcisms to the jail cell of a hillbilly serial killer, it’s America’s fringe that fascinates Professor Michael Cuneo. American Exorcism: Expelling Demons in the Land of Plenty (Amazon US).
- Mindblowing video of a lecture on the CIA’s psychological torture techniques.
- Controversial new book claims media is a puppet of shadowy intelligence agencies. Flat Earth News by Nick Davies (Amazon UK, out of stock).
- Speech by Davies at last November’s War, Truth and the Media Today conference. And another review of his book.
- Broadcasting the third kind: a big bite of the reality sandwich that is the Stephenville UFO controversy.
- Billy Cox needs more data on the Stephenville UFO media brouhaha.
- Dr Michael Salla’s eloquent letter to the Stephenville Herald-Tribune.
- Guillermo Del Toro to make a Doctor Strange movie? It’ll be a marvel if nobody reports it’s Dr Strangelove.
- Yar, raising the wreck of Queen Anne’s Revenge, flagship of Blackbeard.
- Next week the USA and Canada will witness a total lunar eclipse, most unaware that an eclipse saved Columbus.
- 85-year-old Loch Ness Monster doyen Robert Rines thinks Nessie is gone. Gone like the dolphins in a Douglas Adams novel?
Quote of the Day:
Love is a friendship set to music.