Well… here goes nothing!
- Researchers create one human embryo from three parents. Because 2 is just so unoriginal, don’t you think? 🙂
- Mahmoud’s new hobby: Iran opens space center and launches rocket. Obviously test raises concerns in the US, but Iran dismisses them. As if!
- Archeology writer warns of drought with climate change. Unless it’s Indy, I don’t think anyone will be paying much attention, though.
- Beatles space broadcast “risks alien attack”, some fear. Well, who knows? Perhaps E.T. likes Metallica instead.
- Coincidentally, the former guru to the Beatles, Maharishi Mahesh Yogi passed away on Tuesday at age 91. Hmmm… maybe he wanted to get ahead and make sure his pupils’ tune is well received? Across the Universe, let him be… in peace.
- An inventor inspired by Star Wars is creating a range of household furniture that hovers off the ground. As long as my couch doesn’t whine like C3P0.
- BTW, Are you curious of how much a levitating bed costs? Well take a look; although if you ask me, you might as well stick with your old water mattress just for a little while longer.
- The elusive mysteries of Mercury, our heavenly MSN Messenger… Oh, wait!
- Marlin stabs swimmer in Brazil, then robs his wallet… Ok I made that last thing up, but with how crime rates are nowadays, you never know!
- Speaking of Brazil, take a look at some of the charmingly decadent displays of the last Carnival.
- Of course, even in Brazil there are limits: A judge banned a float about the Holocaust. Photo of the controversial display here.
- Implants Create Insect Cyborgs. Time to buy an extra can of Raid!
- Relax, your cell phone won’t give you cancer, according to this study. It will only kill you if you use it while driving (no need for study, just plain common sense people!).
- See a Dark Matter magnet with Alan Boyle at Cosmic Log. Hmmm… being called a women’s magnet is one thing, but a dark matter magnet? Would that be a compliment or an insult?
- Think you know how to make a good flying saucer? Enter this competition and prove it!
- …You say you wanna use paper? Heck, why not? Japanese scientists plan to launch paper planes from space. Unidentified Flying… Origami 😉
- Bush approved CIA disclosure on waterboarding. Because one man’s enhanced interrogation technique is another man’s torture.
- Fifth undersea cable cut in Middle East, and still owners won’t speculate on cause. Why the big mystery? (There you go bladerunner!)
- Are rat kings real, or is it just a myth? (a really, REALLY gross myth!)
- Uri Geller asks you: “Forget the Paranormal!” (who wants to tell Randi?). In an interview he discusses his supposed role as a CIA agent and as an oil prospector for the Mexican government (say what??)
- Go search for ghosts in Britain and help a good cause at the same time. Ghost hunters raise funds for charity .
- Loren Coleman informs about a new Nessie expedition, being planned by the same man who took that famous pic in May 2007 that was shown all over the world. (which some people call on its authenticity BTW).
- UFO witness claims harassment by the Air Force. MIBs or SOBs? More here.
Muchas gracias Greg, Kat & Rick
Quote of the day:
“I don´t care about them [scientists]. They only give us great publicity! This is great! I will be worried when they don´t talk about me! You remember what I said to you about Oscar Wilde? There’s only one thing worse than being talked about and that’s not being talked about. I will be then very worried when suddenly they stop speaking about Uri Geller. Then I know it´s the end of Uri Geller”.