Long and bitter, and a touch controversial.
- Issue #1 of New World Order: Dawn Of A New Day is now available at all good comics stores. Interview with the creator coming soon (creator of the comic, not The Creator).
- Presidential candidate John McCain dropped a bombshell recently, stating that “there’s going to be other wars”.
- It doesn’t matter if you vote with paper, or use a touch-screen voting machine — are the Primaries rigged?
- Brad Steiger discusses ancient secret societies, UFOs, and the NWO.
- Here’s extraordinary video of UFOs filmed over Istanbul, Turkey. But can such evidence be trusted in today’s world of photoshop and CGI?
- Billy Cox takes a well-aimed swipe at the media’s coverage of the Stephenville UFO encounter in Texas.
- The UFO Mystic takes a look at fake photos of extraterrestrials. The DUI mugshot of ET is still out there.
- Intangible Materiality is an intriguing blog examining evidence of divine and extraterrestrial intervention in human history, among other paranormality subjects. With videos and pics.
- A transcript of Paola Harris’s interview with UFO researcher Timothy Good from August last year. My review of Good’s latest, Need To Know, will be posted next week (Amazon US or UK).
- The Book of THoTH’s interview with Stanton Friedman from last December.
- Rogue hypervelocity stars are giving astronomers a glimpse into the volatile nature of the universe.
- This Friday, Venus and Jupiter are converging for a spectacular close encounter that is a match made in heaven.
- Transcript of Richard Branson’s inspiring speech at the SpaceShipTwo unveiling.
- SpaceX has successfully tested multiple rocket engines for the first time.
- China’s policy of blowing up old satellites in orbit is causing a dangerous orbital junkyard. Wait until McDonalds opens on the ISS.
- A twin-seat solar-powered car designed in Taiwan could be on the market within a year. It’s 2008, where’s my hoverbike?
- The American Geophysical Union states human activity is the cause of Global Warming. When the word “unequivocally” is used, there can be no arguments.
- Humans have altered Earth so much that a new geological epoch has begun.
- By selectively removing feathers, researchers have shown that a species of hummingbird produces loud chirps non-vocally by shaking its tail. I hope they put the feathers back.
- Lonely people are more likely to believe in the supernatural, say researchers. Does this mean Michael Shermer has the MySpace record for the most friends?
- Dubbed ‘the new atheists’, are skeptics such as Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens just new anti-dogmatists? Imagine The Breakfast Club, with atheist skeptics in Molly Ringwald’s role.
- Dan Brown’s latest mystery is why it hasn’t been published yet.
- As more and more people are caught stealing and looting artifacts, are museums and collectors destroying cultures?
- Israeli experts have restored a unique 1400-year-old glass mosaic.
- Excavations at the birthplace of Zeus suggest worship was practiced there a thousand years before the earliest known versions of the Greek god’s myths.
- Southern Illinois University Museum will return a 2300-year-old bronze cat object to Egypt. Or Zahi Hawass will make the Terminator look like a kitten.
- For some students at Ohio State, the occult is not just a field of academic interest but a way of life.
- This article about independent, specialist bookshops fighting to survive against multinational monsters includes an interview with the owner of my favourite, The Haunted Bookshop.
- Up Helly Aa! Shetland Islanders gathered recently to celebrate their viking heritage with a festival of fire and fancy dress. Brilliant photo gallery, my viking DNA wishes I could have been there.
Quote of the Day:
“Behind the scenes, high-ranking Air Force officers are soberly concerned about the UFOs. But through official secrecy and ridicule, many citizens are led to believe the unknown flying objects are nonsense.”
Admiral Roscoe Hillenkoetter, former CIA Director (1960)