Keep your chin up, Gridkeeper.
- ‘Mummified’ hadrosaur puts flesh on the bones of history. More details, and gallery of photos.
- Texas fires head of science education for promoting science education.
- Venus Express Pulls Back the Veil from Earth’s Mysterious “Twin”. Nice photos.
- Venus: Caught in the wind from the sun.
- The device NASA is leaving behind: Launch renews attention on grounded project.
- Dark energy: the mystery that makes up 70 to 75 percent of the universe.
- Were the first stars dark?
- Mars update: Spirit thrashes for its life in Tartarus; Opportunity wrestles with RAT.
- Silenced genes: Scientists map which genes are switched off before they are passed on.
- Researchers stunned by discovery that enzymes responsible for burning fat shut down when we sit.
- Love of broccoli begins in the womb.
- 150 global companies call for a legally-binding framework to tackle climate change.
- Earth’s tropical belt expands poleward faster than expected.
- Mysterious helium-3 leak detected in Nevada.
- What you don’t know about palm oil and Indonesia’s vanishing forests.
- Dressed to excess: The cost of America’s clothing addiction.
- It’s beginning to look a lot like Saturnalia.
- Siberian tigers – the hunted ones.
- Dogs are able to form abstract concepts.
- World’s No. 2 amnesiac – who can’t recall his past or form new memories – helps scientists understand memory.
- Newly discovered exercise-regulated genes have potent anti-depressant effects.
- What makes up my mind? The complexity of consciousness stumps us all.
- Researcher brings lucid dreaming to the masses.
- Fresh evidence of mythical Yeti? Loren Coleman says, That’s no Yeti cast.
- On Nov. 18th, two giant ape-like creatures were spotted in Shennongjia, in central China’s Hubei Province. The team sent to investigate found footprints.
- Who broke the Ku Klux Klan’s code of silence in 1964 and told where the bodies of three slain civil rights workers were buried? The whistle-blower is still a mystery.
- US says it has the right to kidnap British citizens.
- Remember those two youtube videos Jameske recently posted of Comet Holmes? Take a look at the rest, at Far Above Space And Time. Talk about stirring up a hornets’ nest. Since posting these videos, this amateur astronomer has been physically attacked in public, repeatedly harassed by black helicopters at home, and hounded by internet stalkers in alternative forums — and that’s just the tip of a very weird iceberg.
Quote of the Day:
The evidence that there are objects which have been seen in our atmosphere, and even on terra firma, that cannot be accounted for either as man-made objects or as any physical force or effect known to our scientists seems to me to be overwhelming … There have been thousands, perhaps tens of thousands, of sightings and encounters, physical results and of the latter, by people all over the world whose evidence on any other subject would be accepted without question.
Lord Hill-Norton, Admiral of the Fleet, former Chief of the Defence Staff, former Chairman of the NATO Military Committee. United Kingdom, 1988.