Casting for the new Star Trek movie appears to be going well. I can hardly wait. Warp speed ahead, Mr Sulu!
Attention, US and Canadian Star Trek fans: On two nights only — Tuesday Nov. 13th and Thursday Nov. 15th — Star Trek: The Menagerie – digitally re-mastered in High-Definition and Cinema Surround Sound – will be showing in movie theaters across the US, and in Canada. For a hint what re-mastered means, click here.
Update: Looks like it’s become a world-wide phenomena. Star Trek: The Menagerie is also showing at theaters in Europe and Australia. Different dates in different countries, so check those links carefully.
- For the first time, scientists have created dozens of cloned embryos from adult primates. What are the implications for the future of mankind?
- Massive DNA sequencing project reveals shortcomings of modern genome analysis.
- Researchers look into warp speed.
- 4,000-year-old temple filled with murals unearthed in Peru.
- Astronauts ready space station for arrival of European and Japanese science modules.
- Lifting the Venusian veil.
- Nonlocality of a single particle demonstrated without objections.
- On what scale do the quantum world and the classical world begin to cross into each other? How big does an “observer” have to be?
- Einstein’s still right on time.
- Fuel without the fossil.
- Researchers successfully simulate photosynthesis and design a better leaf.
- Too much sugar turns off gene that controls the effects of testosterone and estrogen.
- This explains your doughnut addiction: Rats prefer sweetened water to cocaine, even those already cocaine-addicted.
- First biomarker for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder discovered — and why PTSD is so difficult to treat.
- More-harmful effects from stress may explain why, compared to males, females are more vulnerable to addiction, depression, PTSD.
- Mitochondria Send Death Signal To Cardiac Cells, Study Shows.
- Dangerous Minds: A look at FBI profiling.
- Born in Iowa, regular American guy was a top Soviet spy who penetrated the Manhattan Project.
- Ancient witch guide was way ahead of its time.
- Study shows indoor plants have ‘enormous positive impact’ on human well-being.
- Dolphins save injured surfer from great white shark.
- Miracle water gushes from murky well.
Quote of the Day:
Zefram Cochrane: A group of cybernetic creatures from the future have traveled back through time to enslave the human race… and you’re here to stop them?
Will Riker: That’s right.
Zefram Cochrane: Hot damn, you’re heroic!
The movie Star Trek: First Contact, 1996