Archaeology, UFOs, ghosts, and Middle Eastern crises: plenty for everyone.
- A new book claims Merlin was from Glasgow. Finding Merlin by Adam Ardley (Amazon US or UK).
- The Burning Man Festival has suffered a setback, after the 40-foot-tall Man was set alight and the person responsible arrested.
- A Viennese pathologist claims Beethoven’s physician accidentally overdosed him with lead.
- Czech archaeologists will use radar to avoid a 400-year-old Bohemian curse. It turns you into a clove-smoking poet.
- Excavations of a 14th century Anatolian monastery provide insight into the Seljuk period.
- A very special archaeological site is the key to unlocking the complex mystery of Kings Solomon and Hiram.
- Undersea explorer Robert Ballard has found a treasure trove of Byzantine artifacts while testing new technology in the Black Sea.
- We’ve been dropping messages in bottles since 310 BC, but what’s become of the ones NASA launched into space? Sending out an S.O.S…
- NASA has found no evidence of heavy drinking before space missions in the past 20 years, and many astronauts are pissed off at the accusations.
- Luke Skywalker’s lightsaber will fly aboard the October shuttle mission. Hooray for the inanimate carbon rod!
- Scientists will study the atmosphere and surface of Venus with a balloon.
- Was there a confluence of balloons, missiles, test dummies, and two extraterrestrial vehicles at Roswell, confusing everyone?
- Clark C. McClelland, former ScO Space Shuttle Fleet 1958-1992, says Werner Von Braun was at Roswell during the UFO crash.
- A report by two Russian UFO investigators reveals there were very few alien abductions reported in the former USSR. An extraterrestrial glasnost.
- When the sun goes down over the Banni grasslands, mysterious ghost lights dance and lead the unwary astray.
- If you enjoyed Greg’s excellent interview with Deborah Blum, here’s an About dot com conversation with ghost expert and clairvoyant Melba Goodwyn.
- Melba Goodwyn’s brilliant book Ghost Worlds is available from Amazon US and her publisher Llewellyn.
- Where do we go when we die: an excellent article about Australians investigating life’s great mystery.
- Two of China’s main rivers are so polluted, they’re unfit for human contact.
- Former Middle East CIA Operative Bob Baer says he’s been told the USA plans to attack Iran later this year.
- Dubya gives a speech about Iran’s “murderous activities” threatening to place the Middle East under the shadow of a nuclear holocaust.
- The US military has scored an own goal in Afghanistan by distributing soccer balls stamped with “Allah”.
Quote of the Day:
No one can predict how deep the decline in Western economies that is underway will go, because there is so little transparent information. Within the U.S., the government is hiding the severity of the crisis in order to prevent a collapse of consumer confidence.
from an article by Richard C. Cook for Global Research, August 28th 2007